• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Historic airline fare data

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
Does anyone know where I can find historic data on airline fares from the 1980's and 1990's to compare them to the fares today on the same routes?

Most sites on the internet just compare the last year or two.

crxpilot

Waaasssuuuupppppp!!!!!
Total Time
Here it is in a nutshell:

From past to present, New York to California, only $99!

CaptSeth

Total Time
?
1977-78 - Delta or Eastern / Boston - Florida = $200.00 One Way

IIRC

YKMKR

When National was bought be Pan Am, a friend and I got a two for one round trip voucher, and then we bought a ticket for 110 round trip to FLL. So we went for 55 bucks each. That was 1979. Corrected for inflation, fares are about the same, which is why you and I are SUCKING WIND....

DX Jake

Total Time
n/a
Does anyone know where I can find historic data on airline fares from the 1980's and 1990's to compare them to the fares today on the same routes?

I have a Southwest Airlines "paper booklet schedule", similar to the one we use today. It's a lot thinner though. It's from 1981. It has all the Texas city pairs, along with the fares.

ualdriver

Total Time
13Kish

Are you willing to pay for the data?

http://www.harrellassociates.com/abenchmarking.asp

You might be able to get some data out of the BTS. I'd start here but I doubt you'll find more than 10-15 years of data. You might be able to contact the BTS directly and see if there is some way to access their older data. I've asked them how to access particular data fields in the past and they're pretty good about getting back to you.