Hiring at World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

World Airways is hiring. They're advertising for pilots again on their web site.

Can any current World Airways pilots tell me how they like working there. I just applied this month. I would like to know more about the working conditions. I like the fact that your home based and that your gone for 1 week or 2 then off for a week. I understand that you can be reasigned and extended on days off. And have heard that you can be given days off while on lay overs. I just read the issue in Air Inc sounds like its a great company to work for. Also what does it take to get an interview.

Signed Frustrated
RJPilot

Had a guy in the last new hire class was an MD-11 FO for 11 months then came here. Said the last trip was 46 days. He said the wife was somewhat ok with it, but his daughter was really having a tough time so he got hired here. I would imagine that is not always the case though.

There does seem to be two different companies, one for bid line holders and one for reserve or open flyers. If you can hold a bid line it is pretty normal, although the trips are longer, however I think that is comparable to Fed Ex and their schedules on the MD11....not alot of out and backs where you are home every night!

About 3 or 4 years ago I was used 25 days in one month...however I have found that to be pretty rare and considering my pay was almost triple I could live with that once in a while. I have been out a month straight because " I BID" the last two weeks of one month and the first two of the following, but cant blame the company for that.
Right now I know we are short of pilots and quite busy so I would expect the junior people to be abused a little as when it rains it pours in this business. I have found almost every one here to be on average happy and that is more than I can say for most any airline I have worked or jumpseated on.... it is always interesting here!

What happens to World when the US decides they have had enough of mid east conflicts ( or Iran finishes their nuke )? Does World have an exit strategy? Cargo?

"What happens to World when the US decides they have had enough of mid east conflicts ( or Iran finishes their nuke )? Does World have an exit strategy? Cargo?"

You would think so, since they're a publically traded company with over 1000 employees thats been around for over 50 years and managed to stay in business after Viet Nam. But, then again, we all know that all that doesn't mean much anymore.

As for the FO who managed to stay out for 46 days, given what I know about bidding days off and World's sick leave policy, it's his own fault. He's probably better suited at a different type airline. How in the world did he manage to do laundry????

Had a guy in the last new hire class was an MD-11 FO for 11 months then came here.
Really? Interesting...

Said the last trip was 46 days.
Bad planning. My last trip was a week, and the two before were a max of two weeks.

Latest resources

Back