• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hiring at AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not work at AWAC. Management is awful. Schedules suck. We are a dying bird. Skywest, CHQ are much better places to work at!

Use to be a good place to be. There are better options now.

Last edited:
I would not work at AWAC. Management is awful. Schedules suck. We are a dying bird. Skywest, CHQ are much better places to work at!

SkyW is not hiring. ASA is, for the moment.

Skywest, yes. good place to work

CHQ NO. 1/2 deadhead pay. No cancelation pay. and the only response i have gotten from them when asking about duty rigs is huhh?

It's understandable that you aren't the happiest guy. You've been furloughed from one RJ to go fly another. On top of that, I'd bet my next year's salary that you commute. No wonder you're not the happiest guy around. I wish things had worked out better for you. That being said, AWAC is a pretty solid place if you have to work at a regional. One of the best contracts around, and if you are flexible enough to move then you'll enjoy your time here.

If you live in LGA, RDU, PHL, DCA, or ORF... not a bad place to be for a bit. Upgrade is not too long (~3 years average), and contract is decent. That said, if you are not willing to live in base, you will likely not enjoy yourself too much here, the schedules are not built for commuters. Also, this is not a career company anymore, it is a stepping stone, just a stepping stone with a decent contract that will likely give you a better quality of life and a bigger paycheck then other stepping stones such as colgan, commutair or trans states.

AWAC is a pretty solid place if you have to work at a regional.

How do you define "solid"? In my time at AWAC, we have lost 17 aircraft. I know that was all based on losing the United flying but it is still a huge loss of flying. AWAC bid on something like 250 new airplanes worth of flying through multiple RFPs and was not awarded one new airframe. We lost the Midwest contract in our own backyard even with the business incentives for being a WI based company. Not having the ability to grow in this industry doesn't bode well for stability.

What happens when the Airways contract is up for bid again? Think we have a shot? 70 (69) fifty-seat RJs are going to be pretty hard to place anywhere and the three amigos, despite their $450 million windfall from Airways stock sales, aren't going to settle for a three percent profit margin.

But that is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. (coming from someone who lives in base)

If AWAC sucks so bad, why don't you leave for Skywest or Chitqaua (or however it's spelled)?
If the company handed you a bag of $20s there are many of ya'll that would complain that it wasn't a bag of $100s. It has it's issues, but it's not nearly as bad as some of the others.

If AWAC sucks so bad, why don't you leave for Skywest or Chitqaua (or however it's spelled)?
If the company handed you a bag of $20s there are many of ya'll that would complain that it wasn't a bag of $100s. It has it's issues, but it's not nearly as bad as some of the others.

I am working on it. Let you know in a couple weeks.

Latest resources

Back