hiring at AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PS-
When I leave Wisconsin, it won't be for another regional.

If you go AWAC, Get ORF as a base! The best Manager in the system bar none. Show up on time, do your job, tell the truth and he'll back you up. I've seen it multiple times in the last 2+ years.

This company has a personality just like every other business.

If you live in base it's not a bad place.

Get used to everyone telling you how bad it is now compared to what it used to be.

I like it but I also am disappointed that I won't be retiring from here like I thought the day I was hired.

If you get hired here just come in knowing that they don't care if you live or die! Just don't call in sick to die or you get put in the "reliability" program!
Good people (pilots) management sucks.

That's a "Compete To Win!" statement if I've ever heard one...

Nobody competes to win... we all go to work, do our jobs, and collect our paychecks. If you have any pride in yourself, you do your job well. If mgmt. can win additional flying---great, but all I can do on a day to day basis is my job, and to the best of my ability.

If they were that concerned with economic efficiency, and saving fuel... we'd taxi with one engine like every other RJ operator. We'd have leather seats, etc. The other day I flew a plane with 6 MEL's on it (FMS, 3 PAX seats, APU, and some other misc. stuff). Four out of five legs we had 50+ people booked in the back. We had to boot 3 of them on every one of those flights. That's 12 people who didn't make it to their destination on-time and in some cases on the same day!

Then why don't you pack up your $hit and leave.

Comments like this are so obnoxious.. for a couple reasons. First and foremost, it's not that simple. This isn't like some other industries where you can just up and quit and expect to get another job with similar pay right away. Going from being a captain to a first officer again takes some financial planning and of course you want to make darn sure you are going to a place that is going to be a good fit.
Secondly, comments like this suggest that while we are seeking new employment, we don't care about our jobs, pax or company. We (well most of us anyway) still show up everyday, try to get flights out on time while still providing a good experience for everyone.
So comments like that are annoying and nonsensical. Fly safe-
Mongo

PS- are your initials CP? Just curious.

Agreed. I am trying to leave but with the job market slowing down I have to be somewhat careful with my next step. Easier said than done.

The AWAC pilot group has made this whole period of displacements, concessions, and UsAirways so much more tolerable. Most everyone I fly with is a great person with a goal of becoming a better pilot. It is a fun gig when the door is shut and we are off and flying. The pilots and FA's of AWAC make the trips as good as they can be.

My complaints are towards the future of this place. We have not done anything positive since 2004. Stepping stone or not we have some employee's that have been here for 30+ yrs and I would not feel too great about my future at AWAC.

No place is perfect that is for sure. AWAC used to be so much better. Greed is what has turned this place south! If you like the east coast, delays, and like a company with no future this is the place to be.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back