Hired at Piedmont!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotx86

hey everyone. im curious as to this whole training package deal. i got the folder with the flows and the CD with all the tests and etc that i have to complete before my class date. i was hired on july 12 and my date is july 23!!!!

how strict are they about knowing the flows and the ops manual and stuff? im freaking out because i dont know if i can complete it in less than 9 days. ive already started the written tests. any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

ps: sorry for the poor grammar, im in between flights with students so i only had like 3 minutes to type this! THANKS again!

You should be doing less posting and more studying!!!

welcome to the suck! US' Scott Kirby: "We plan no growth in the domestic markets, just international. We'd like to grow the wholly-owneds, but we can't get out of any contracts until 2012. We'd like to get the Q400's but it's a scope issue and that will never get settled until the seniority list is resolved!"

just do the tests. Use adobe's search function to find the answers easier. Make sure you will get at least 90% on all of them. If you have nothing better to do, study limitations, but it's not necessary. Don't bother with flows until well into class. Do not bother trying to read all the crap on the CD. The take home tests are the only thing you get ONE chance at. AQP is easy, just take one step at a time.

zasca is absolutely right...APQ isn't that bad, but you do need to make it into the program in the first place by getting a 90% on those tests; they do not mess around with them at all, if you don't pass them with 90%, you don't continue the training.

what I would HIGHLY suggest is getting together with the rest of your class before they collect the tests and go over EVERY question together. they don't collect the tests until you get to CLT, so meet up in SBY when you're there for the first day or two...don't go solo, work with the rest of your classmates and you'll be fine.

I would agree with what the others are saying. The take home tests are CRITICAL. Get those done first. If you have time left over afterwards, study limitations (POH chapter 3), but only after you have the tests done. And I would agree with the statement about getting together with the students in your class. I did that and we all passed. The instructors actually want to see you work together as it shows good CRM.

agree with everything, as a former PDT pilot, i do want to hilight one point and that is the limitations, know them but no just the number, sure the number is important but the way that PDT phrases the questions ont he limitations test can be tricky, read each word, i know of a few people that missed a few questions but the knew the nuimbers but not the application of the numbers

Latest resources

Back