Hilton Honors vs the other guy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cavpilot said:
I've been useing the company credit card for about six months now. It has been great. The fraud protection alone makes it worth it. I'll never understand why the fab 5 chose to make it such an issue.

I hope you're not one of those people paying their credit card company extra every year/month for "fraud protection". Federal law limits your liability to $50 and most all credit card companys waive that too.

the fraud protection is that if someone steals the credit card number, its the company's problem, not mine.

Love the company credit card, been on it since I was hired. Great to get the checks right away, fraud protection, and really easy to get and use the plane tickets.

Hilton Platnum Amex is the most common choice

I currently average two 6 night Hilton vouchers=12 nights and 4 free airline tickets a year. (Two free vacations a year) using my Amex Hilton card. I put everything I can on it at home and at work. This is a huge bennie I truly will miss if I have to switch to the company card. Booking the airline and hotel with points is a pain in the ass but the price is right. Please don't any of you internet nerds interpret this as a plug either way for the contract. Just stating my credit card choice/answering the question.

I guess I should qualify "free". All I had to do was sell my soul to NJA.

Welcome to the dark side.

With the new company card, do you get hotel and airline points? Do I need to sign up for all the flimsy little paper member cards for the hotels and airlines?

Cavpilot said:
I've been useing the company credit card for about six months now. It has been great. The fraud protection alone makes it worth it. I'll never understand why the fab 5 chose to make it such an issue.

Because, as you notice, anything that HELPED the pilot group they worked against, and anything that hurt us, they worked FOR.

Grizz said:
Asked T.G. directly about that issue. He said that section was left in there by mistake. Everyone will be on the company credit card because the only way to file a expense report will be with the online system and the GE card.
Needed to make a clarification on this - it wasn't Tom that told me about the requirement to use the company credit card. It was someone else on a Steward's call.

It's now looking murkier on this situation. Stay tuned for futher clarification as the BBWG moves forward.

Last edited:
I like it

I like the company credit card, It takes a few days for the hotel charges to hit.

But I get my perdium and tip fast!

Hvent dealt with the points yet.

Latest resources

Back