Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N

Non Union

So with all things being equal w/ quality of life and other intangibles, which flying job would yield the biggest payoff strictly based on cash earnings for a pilot with 30 years left.

Southwest?
UPS?
FedEx?
United?
Continental?
Delta?
Emirates??
Air Force?

Depends on too many factors to determine. What seat are you in? How long are you there? When will you upgrade? How much extra would you work? Max days off or min days? I'm not sure what you're trying to start on this thread, but it'd be easier for you to look up the different payrates, set your own upgrade timeline, and get out your calculator. It'd be easier than listening to a bunch of us idiots on FI.com. Of course, all you're really doing is flamebaiting. Dork.

UPS or FedEx, one of the them will have to provide career earnings because I have no idea but it is a lot $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

I dont think anyone can predict who will be the highest paid carrier in the future. Look at the cargo companies and SWA, they were some of the lowest paid in the industry just a few years ago. 30 years is a LONG time, go somewhere you can enjoy life as well as make a paycheck.

Just think. 30 years ago someone asked this question and was probably told "Definitely Pan Am, maybe American. Just stay away from the cargo carriers."

If you are in it to get rich, get your MBA and go to Wall Street. Won't be as much fun, but you can go to work in a cubicle from 9-5 and make more money.

If you are in it to get rich, get your MBA and go to Wall Street. Won't be as much fun, but you can go to work in a cubicle from 9-5 and make more money.

Yep and dead at 50 from heart attack, gold digging wife, coke problem. Too many friends from B school on that route.

So with all things being equal w/ quality of life and other intangibles, which flying job would yield the biggest payoff strictly based on cash earnings for a pilot with 30 years left.

Southwest?
UPS?
FedEx?
United?
Continental?
Delta?
Emirates??
Air Force?

I'll bet it's a corporate job not listed above.

I won't take that bet. I'll bet there are sweet corporate jobs out there right now that would make us all jealous. This from a SWA guy with 31 years left(age 65).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back