Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Anyone care to chime in with what they've seen in the logbooks? I've seen DC-10s for sale with +113,000hours. I imagine that some of the early 747s or DC-8s can beat that.

Anyone care to chime in with what they've seen in the logbooks? I've seen DC-10s for sale with +113,000hours. I imagine that some of the early 747s or DC-8s can beat that.

I heard evergreen is flying the oldest whale on the planet. I would be interested to find out how many hours she has on her.

Nope, I think Kalitta has an older one. Our last -100 flying is line number 72. Last time i looked, it had like 115K hours on it.

I know of a Whale that had more hours on her than any other....

My ex wife!!!

I know I already lost the race....But the DC-3 I used to fly had 79,000 on the airframe when I parked it.

I would think most of NWA's DC-9's are over 100k. Think about it....12 hrs a day or so utilization over a year is about 4300 hrs a year....times 30 years...is a 130k hrs.

Think of some of hours on those -10's that have recently been parked...

I think I remember something about MidEx re-locating the data plates on some of their old -9's when it was noticed by pax they were built in the early 60's! I'm sure their old -9's had MEGA hours on 'em before they were parked.

I would think most of NWA's DC-9's are over 100k. Think about it....12 hrs a day or so utilization over a year is about 4300 hrs a year....times 30 years...is a 130k hrs.

Think of some of hours on those -10's that have recently been parked...

I think I remember something about MidEx re-locating the data plates on some of their old -9's when it was noticed by pax they were built in the early 60's! I'm sure their old -9's had MEGA hours on 'em before they were parked.
You can scroll down to Northwest...

http://www.airwaysmag.com/att.html?type=view&article_id=145&junk=.pdf

Latest resources

Back