• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Higher Power 737 Type (tax question)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the input, guys (or gals)! Can never be too informed when making a career decision such as this. Glad to hear most can be tax deducted or used as a tax credit. Hoping to get the type soon! Again, gracias!

-Snaab

Higher power was a great experience. Did the 300 for the same cost as the 200. They are a "known comodity" Many of the SWA pilots have gone there so the training dept at SWA knows where they are coming from.

The instructors are a lot of retired Braniff guys..SWA as well. one thing that is nice is that you can go back to HP and sit in on ground school and sim sessions any time you want when you are an alum. That is a nice benifit if you sit in the pool for a while. I hear some guys even go back prior to their first year PC for a refresher. Not a bad benifit.

I had the job offer before the type.

Just my opinion...but as others said...a type is a type....

K&S in PHX will let you sit in a ground school class as well.

can you both file for the continuing education credit and then deduct the rest of the cost (incl. hotel) as career oriented expenses?

HPA or K&S

I typed at K&S in their 200, flew a 200 for a few years, then got a job flying a BBJ. Did my differences training at HPA. Can't say enough good about either place. Mike, at K&S, is hands down the best instructor I've ever had in 25 years of flying. On the other hand, HPA is also a world class organization with outstanding IPs. Mark is one of those rare individuals who insists on having fun at work, and I don't think he calls it work. Flip a coin or go the the place that suits your situation the best. Both are well connected to SWA (although I'm not, but not complaining).

Higher power is a rip!!!!!

SW doesn't care where you get the type as many have said already. Higher power uses the whole in with SWA as a marketing ploy. Your odds are no better or worse no matter where you go.

Got mine from FTI, cheap and easy. Just the way I like to do it....

Latest resources

Back