High Fuel Prices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shroomwell

I was wondering how these high fuel prices are affecting corporate flight departments. Are they downsizing and flying more on the airlines? What kind of prices do you guys pay for fuel when at home and on the road?

shroomwell said:
I was wondering how these high fuel prices are affecting corporate flight departments. Are they downsizing and flying more on the airlines? What kind of prices do you guys pay for fuel when at home and on the road?

yeah, a few thousand extra to fill the GV? - forget it - were going on Delta.

It saves lots of mx money too as the inspections dont come up as quick!

and heck, at 99$ roundtrip just about anywhere Southwest flies, how can one resist?

Hey, boss, just be sure you show up early to get in line for a window seat!!

In a word ... nope. Airplane flies if we pay 6.00/gal in Switzerland or 2.30 outta our fuel farm.

It is what it is ... boss would be more PO'd if the airplane was broken and could not fly vs. high fuel costs.

It hasn't affected my flying any. But when overnighting in Laredo, the gas price increase has made it much more expensive to drive the rental car down to see a donkey show. ;)

Last edited:
bigD said:
It hasn't affected my flying any. But when overnighting in Laredo, the gas price increase has made it much more expensive to drive the rental car down to see a donkey show. ;)
"Donkey Show"??? :eek:

Dude, I thought you had a restraining order on you??? "Not to be within 500 ft of any farm animals"??? :eek:

You better hope the cops weren't around or you're going back to the Pokey! ;)

LMAO! :D

I *have* had a Sheraton van driver down in Brownsville offer to take me to a donkey show across the border. I politely declined. Heh!

No problem

We attempt to tanker when the pricing favors that procedure. Otherwise we just press on. Filling the aircraft is nothing compared to filling the yacht. That will really water your eyes. 288,000 gallons of fuel for that big boy!

Latest resources

Back