Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
Is it required to apply for a regional airline?

Is it listed in the requirements of the job posting?

Many carriers will perform this as a part of training if you don't have one.

generally speaking

most 121 regionals will only signoff the required logbook endorsement for the PIC. My former airline had a strict policy about this. You will get the high altitude training and everything required for the signoff, but you do not need the endorsement for SIC duties, since they usually don't type SICs. I know its stupid what does it hurt to signoff the persons logbook

If your sim instructor is cool, and you bring in the required wording for the logbook (AOPA website or flightsafety will give you a sticker with the wording, FAA website etc.), then they might sign you off.

I don't think it is required and the AFB that is offerring the training will not endorse my logbook.

I don't have a high-altitude endorsement in my logbook having been PIC in the Metro (certified to 31,000) and now having a PIC type rating in the Lear 45. The regs say you need an endorsement in a logbook or training record. If you go through a 121 or 135 training program your records will show the appropriate training was received, hence no logbook endorsement is required. As to the original question: I have never heard of a regional airline requiring one. With the hiring mins these days coming down to wet ink on a multi-commercial and a pulse I don't think you could reasonably expect people to already have it.

I don't have a high-altitude endorsement in my logbook...

I should have been more specific. At FSI they make a logbook endorsement when you finish the course (logbook was required to be with you at the class, FSI policy) but you are correct it can be in the training folder, but why wouldn't you want it in your logbook anyways?

My former 121 comapny folded and I would be hard pressed to track down that record...

I did mine in a appropriate aircraft after I went to the faa Physiological training course in Oklahoma City and experienced the altitude chamber and got really good info on hypoxia and O2 systems.

The ditching tank is cool,

I got weird looks the other day in my red gumby suit at the river hahaha should have had a camera.

Go to the altitude chamber it's a good experience you will not regret it.

but why wouldn't you want it in your logbook anyways?

Because I don't care anymore. Seriously though, when was the last time someone asked to see if you had a high altitude endorsement? I can see if you fly Part 91 exclusively and have never been employed at a 121 or 135 carrier. Same with the high perf, who ever wants to see that unless you try to rent something high performance? FSI must be really anal cause I did my Lear type through CAE/Simuflite/Bombardier and no one ever asked to see my logbook. Guess they're lazy like me and figure the training records are enough.

Because I don't care anymore. Seriously though, when was the last time someone asked to see if you had a high altitude endorsement? I can see if you fly Part 91 exclusively and have never been employed at a 121 or 135 carrier. Same with the high perf, who ever wants to see that unless you try to rent something high performance? FSI must be really anal cause I did my Lear type through CAE/Simuflite/Bombardier and no one ever asked to see my logbook. Guess they're lazy like me and figure the training records are enough.

I hear you, thanks for keeping me honest, I actually didn't realize the "training record" part of the reg till you said that...

Latest resources

Back