• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey YIP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kalitta has another class coming up in the next month or so, not sure if its full or not. There are rumours about more initial classes spring '06.

Dumbluck said:
Kalitta has another class coming up in the next month or so, not sure if its full or not. There are rumours about more initial classes spring '06.

When I went through ground school in June they said they plan on seven more classes in 06. Just finished my first month online here and I am lovin it! I was in Oscoda yesterday and crawled around our new 747 from UPS. They said it should be online here by the beginning of November. I also heard a rumor that Connie wants 10 more 747s in the next few years.

I think this is a great time to get on. Upgrade is quick (just flew with a captian that upgraded in 17 months).

Last edited:
pilotyip said:
That is right we do not let the lack of a 4-yr degree stand in the way of hiring the right pilot, however most of our new hires have college degree because everyone has one now days. And if you stay at USA Jet 10 years you are a DC-9 Captain making $100K per year, if you want to. It is a great place to get the training you need for your next job. Priority in hiring is given to local residents and former military is preferred.You gotta pay your dues someplace, why not a place you get good training in the 121 airline. Many move from the DA-20 to the DC-9 in about 9 months. But we know, it is not for everyone, and try to make sure prospective pilots understand this business. And in my case when you are 53 years old and your airline goes out of business, this is a great! job!

Great place to train for your next job? And where would that next job be?

If you are making $100K/yr flying a DC-9 at USAJet, where else is anyone going to go and be able to make that much money? Only a couple of airlines worth working for are hiring, and the odds of getting in are astronomical.

I doubt we are going to see people eager to fly for USAJet so they can polish up their resumes for airlines like "Newco" and Mesa. If you are making 6 figures at USAJet, chances are that you have been there a while. It would be useless to go somewhere else and start over for much less.

Not slamming your post in any way, but in reality, USAJet is no longer a place to go build time. In most cases, you will be taking a life-long paycut to move on. If you can stand the QOL, stay put and pocket the cash. At least you won't starve.

VABB that is the reality of the new marketplace. However a lot of the yourger pilots have not seen that reality and still view this as a stepping stone to a career positon. When they move we wish them well. However as one of DA-20 Captain's complained about, he is making so much money he can not afford to take the pay cut to leave USA Jet unless it is for SWA, JB, etc. Again the chances of getting those jobs are tuff.

embpic1 said:
When I went through ground school in June they said they plan on seven more classes in 06. Just finished my first month online here and I am lovin it! I was in Oscoda yesterday and crawled around our new 747 from UPS. They said it should be online here by the beginning of November. I also heard a rumor that Connie wants 10 more 747s in the next few years.

I think this is a great time to get on. Upgrade is quick (just flew with a captian that upgraded in 17 months).

EMB:

I think these guys are talking about the Part 135 operation (Falcons/Hawkers or whatever they are), NOT the Part 121 B747 operation.

"However a lot of the yourger pilots have not seen that reality and still view this as a stepping stone to a career positon."

and yet you are still there to continue to feed them dreams while you offer sub-standard work rules.

I remember seeing you years ago at an air-stink job-interview fair/ripoff-o-rama pitching the same pile of poo then. I recall all of us looking at each other and thinking "is he serious? 25 minutes to the building? Detroit?

Don't get me wrong, it's f r i c k i n g awesome to be flying a jet, (so shiny!), it's just that there are other ways of doing it if this doesn't sound like the job for you.

This is great

>As far a QOL goes, I don't think we have any of that I checked all of our ground school records and we do not have any QOL in any of syllabuses.

LOL

>You must live within 7 miles of YIP while in as duty status.

OMG

>Pager call out 24/7 except days off, when paged must be in the bldg. in 25 minutes, block out in 45 minutes.

OMFG

>Load your own cargo.

LOL

>No allowance for commuting difficulties.

OK............

>Typical on-demand business.

Hahhahahahhhahhahaaaaa

I cannot believe anyone would ever become desperate enough to apply to your company. I didn't realize Nazi Germany had made a comeback. Nothing could be worth doing this.

Sounds like every other on demand freight job to me. Doesn't sound like you've flown on demand.

jurrassic,
The 121 side is growing and will be running classes in '06. I've also heard the rumor about wanting 25 airplanes. Upgrade time can be quick especially with the growth going on. The downside is less experience in the cockpit.

pilotyip said:
Yep we are having a class in December, 4 DA-20 F/O's. We are drafting from our pool to fill that class, but that will pretty much take the pool down. We are interviewing to put about a dozen in the pool for a couple classes early next year depending upon turnover. As far a QOL goes, I don't think we have any of that I checked all of our ground school records and we do not have any QOL in any of syllabuses. You must live within 7 miles of YIP while in as duty status. Pager call out 24/7 except days off, when paged must be in the bldg. in 25 minutes, block out in 45 minutes. Schedules destinations, loads crews change on a moments notice. Load your own cargo. No allowance for commuting difficulties. Typical on-demand business.

NO QUESTION ---- I would say "F*C* Aviation" before doing this.

What a way to live..

:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back