Hey UAL Narrowbody folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwaredtail

It appears that us NWA folks will be in the murky bathwater with you folks with regard to pay/work rules. We hear alot about your lack of trip/duty rig and how you guys fly 3 day trips worth 4 hours and 2 day trips worth 2 hours. Does that lack of efficientcy actually happen? How many days off do lineholders get on average on the 737/320? Just trying to decipher between myth and reality. thanks

My old man is retired red tail, and I have seen some of the NWA-ALAPA boards I think some of the stuff is a myth, but as I am contemplating my recall to UAL I am wondering what the TED life is like as well....

Whats up with this NEWCO b.s?

I am also contemplating my accept recall or bypass decision at UAL as well. Are lineholders able to drops trips these days? I think we could drop down to something like 50-60 hours minimum before. Or is everyone working 80-90 hours a month regardless?

UAL LCO Sched

Here's the deal on the sched. You have one chance to drop trips on the big pick, as after that there is very little chance of dropping due to no coverage. With PBS you can preference a target range of hours you want to fly between 65 (Min guar) and 95 (LCO cap). As senior people bid low time, remaining time slides downhill, until at some level PBS gives everyone 95 hours. It looks like about halfway down (on the guppy) is where the humane level of flying stops. There is no rig, and no minimum daily credit. The last three months I have lost an east coast turn, which is just 5hours pay out of my pocket. Strategies seem to be: fly 65 hour if you're senior and can afford to, thus making everything pay protected by being at min guarantee, or fly 95 and hope to have 80+ left at the end of the month. The 10 hour four days are out there, but there are lots of efficient trips also. Reserves do lots of the low time crap that comes up from IROPS. Basically, I would have never applied for this job, but it is what it is.

scooter trash said:
Here's the deal on the sched. You have one chance to drop trips on the big pick, as after that there is very little chance of dropping due to no coverage. With PBS you can preference a target range of hours you want to fly between 65 (Min guar) and 95 (LCO cap). As senior people bid low time, remaining time slides downhill, until at some level PBS gives everyone 95 hours. It looks like about halfway down (on the guppy) is where the humane level of flying stops. There is no rig, and no minimum daily credit. The last three months I have lost an east coast turn, which is just 5hours pay out of my pocket. Strategies seem to be: fly 65 hour if you're senior and can afford to, thus making everything pay protected by being at min guarantee, or fly 95 and hope to have 80+ left at the end of the month. The 10 hour four days are out there, but there are lots of efficient trips also. Reserves do lots of the low time crap that comes up from IROPS. Basically, I would have never applied for this job, but it is what it is.

Scoot,

Where are you based? Ord or Dca?
Thanks for the LCO update....

Ted

scooter trash said:

Good God!

Looks like I'll bypass as long as I can. QOL at JB is much better, even considering that I'm now an east-coaster! It's sad that UA and ALPA can't come up with a better way.

Good luck to all.

GP (future bypasser)

Latest resources

Back