• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aviator1978

Have you seen the video on their site:

http://waco.tstc.edu/apt/index.php

My favorite quote at 4:40:
"The training syllabus and, uh, everything, meets FAA requirements" :laugh:

I don't remember ever seeing Steve out doing a walk-around when I was there.

Kidding aside, I think it is a great school.

Last edited:
What a horrible place. Spent 2 years hating haveing to go to class out there. Took about 5 flights, if that, and then figured I would be way better off doing my flying elsewhere. I did always get a kick out of hearing Steve talk about his cool days working on the shorts. Oh and the answer is always BBBBBBB!

Funny video! Almost up there with DCA's!!

other good ones
(0:57): "You come out with your private, your instrument, your CFI, your double I, and your commercial and then you can go ahead and start with the charter and work your way up" (Good god someone educate her)
(4:45): "You get a two year degree out of it too so that looks great on your resume"
(4:49): "They're really good about getting their students jobs either as an instructor at TSTC or providing them connections to other airlines"

LOL

Last edited:
Hey, are we talking about Steve Mc...

He was new when I was there in 97-98. Went on and on about working on the Saab 340. Every other word, "Saab 340!"

Best comedy of 2007! Two thumbs, and two big toes up!

But seriously, they need to burn that clip to ashes, then burn it again...

Oh - and the budget was spent on that video, so no maintenance for the Seminole this year.

I went there...what a crappy experience. Mostly good people, even with Steve's boner for the 340 but good luck trying to get your PPL within a year. Out of my class of 30, maybe 1 guy had a slight chance of making a career in aviation. Everyone else either left or is still there 2 years later starting their instrument trying to salvage something good out of that place. There's one guy there that has 150 or so hours...and he hasn't soloed yet. They just won't let the poor kid go I guess.

i did everything there, including instructing. I had a blast as a student and an instructor. Mostly because of the people and friends I had there. "BBBBB" is the answer by Mr. Ron Jeremy (AKA ED) I was there when it was still an awesome place. Right before i left the place seemed to be heading down hill.

For me it worked, I did everything there in less than 2 years Private through MEI while also getting my Associates degree. Then instructed there while finishing my bachelors degree. Dont know much about whats going on there now though.

The biggest problem today, at least when I left a year ago is that it was impossible to get on the schedule. Some instructors gave their students their login/password for the online scheduler so some students could monopolize slots, while if you didn't know about this or your instructor didn't do this then that student would be at a disadvantage. On top of that, George would have his 8 week summer vacation in Crawford which basically shut down flying for that entire period. To make matters worse they kept raising the price of the new Diamonds of which they only had a handful of. Today they have a couple more so maybe it's better but unless someone whos there right now can confirm that things have changed since a year ago I wouldn't reccommend anyone going there.

I think, though, if you're highly highly motivated and very aggressive you can do well there and be part of that 6% graduation rate.

Latest resources

Back