• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey NW YOU Have problems!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing is going to happen, until tax paying public does something along side of what the different unions are trying. Oh ya which party is pro union-not the one that is in office for past 8 years, so we know government is not doing anything to help this situation. So I guess we will just have to wait until next election to find out if we are going to have government support or not.

Nothing is going to happen, until tax paying public does something along side of what the different unions are trying. Oh ya which party is pro union-not the one that is in office for past 8 years, so we know government is not doing anything to help this situation. So I guess we will just have to wait until next election to find out if we are going to have government support or not.

Oh and I suppose you're going to tell me that there was alot of reform during the 90's that the current admin. wrecked..... Right...... Tell me what the Clintons did for the blue collar worker.....It doesn't matter if they have an R or D, niether are for the people and are so out of touch with reality

Oh and I suppose you're going to tell me that there was alot of reform during the 90's that the current admin. wrecked..... Right...... Tell me what the Clintons did for the blue collar worker.....It doesn't matter if they have an R or D, niether are for the people and are so out of touch with reality
The Clintons ordered the AMR pilots to work.
Bush allowed the NWA mechanics to strike.
It's going to be tough either way.

Heyas,

Personally, I think the best thing for the industry, from a labor standpoint, is to get out from under the RLA.

Under the NLRB, which most other labor is under, contracts actually expire, and when they expire, the work stops...period.

With the multi-step, politically oriented nature of the NMB, labor problems are left to fester year after year after year, with mediation, more mediation, arbitration, cooling off periods, emergency boards, yadda yadda yadda. There is absolutely NO motivation for mangament to bargan or come to an agreement in good faith.

If you had an honest to god drop dead date, you can bet all parties would be motivated to come to an agreement BEFORE the contract expires. It would go a long way to remove uncertainly and labor strife.

Nu

Heyas,

There is absolutely NO motivation for mangament to bargan or come to an agreement in good faith.

If you had an honest to god drop dead date, you can bet all parties would be motivated to come to an agreement BEFORE the contract expires. It would go a long way to remove uncertainly and labor strife.

Nu

You hit it right on the head. Especially when Mgmt ( Mine anyway ) refuses to discuss anything in the ways any retro pay. They have the NMB's ear is most cases and only get impasses when it suites them not when it works for labor. ( i.e. NWA AMFA ). By the way Clinton let the NWA pilots strike and Bush did block the NWA AMFA in 2001. Until the RLA is REFORMED or ABOLISHED, you will not see any, ANY help for the working class, NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE, AND DO NOT FORGET CONGRESS, SINCE FROM THERE ALMOST ALL LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE DRAFTED. It is easy to blame the man who sits in the white house, but there are 100 senators and over 350 rep's who can take on the initiative for reform. I haven't seen any many Dem's jumping in the ailse about reform to airline labor since they took control this year ( remind me again the left is for the middle class right? I get confused). Actually I haven't seen them do anything but vote on a bunch of Non Binding resolutions. Bur that is a different debate.

Crap!

Like I said earlier, Northwest is Crap! It is a crap coated-crapball with a creamy crap-flavored filling. This place takes the cake-which is also crap-flavored.

-The very worst airline ever!
and that's saying something.....

Latest resources

Back