Hey General whats new?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boknowsASA

So General whats new? :beer: I'm sure you have some new rumors you can share with us. :pimp: Who is going to buy ComAir? What will happen to ASA?:confused: Does it bother you seeing the :uzi: CR9 on the B gates? It drives me nuts! When will Delta buy :puke: JB?

Their has to be something new to get this board going again!!!

Actually you had me at "Their"

C

Last edited:
So General whats new? :beer: I'm sure you have some new rumors you can share with us. :pimp: Who is going to buy ComAir? What will happen to ASA?:confused: Does it bother you seeing the :uzi: CR9 on the B gates? It drives me nuts! When will Delta buy :puke: JB?

Their has to be something new to get this board going again!!!

Rumors, eh? Well, anything I hear is just a rumor, and shouldn't be used to buy any stock or anything like that. Plenty of speculation too.

Anyway, I have read in the press that we may put Comair up for sale, and maybe those newer CR9s were meant to make it look more attractive. If we have anymore problems with them, I bet we would try to seek out some buyers. I have heard that maybe Mesa might be interested.

ASA looks like it is shrinking. I don't think anyone will be getting any new 50 seaters (although Expressjet will be using 18 ERJ-XRs at LAX--which can take all 50 pax and their bags, plus a jumpseater. Finally a 50 seater with some ballz) We will have to see what happens with ASA and their contract, but a few years ago ASA ruled Atlanta alone. Now, they are one of many. So much for leverage.

As far as the larger RJs in the B concourse in ATL, there are a couple reasons for that. First, we either use the gates or we lose them. The City of Atlanta wants to make money, and empty gates don't allow that. Some of those gates that are used cannot handle anything larger than a 737 (and we parked them), so CR9s or E170s will use them until we get some 737-700s or a 100 seater. Our smallest mainline plane is now the MD88, and a lot of them are now flying North South routes that Song used to fly. Until we get more mainline planes, expect to see those 76 seaters.

As far as aircraft orders, I think there has been plenty of news in the press so far (some 737-700s are on the way, some 777s, and maybe 787s according to that article quoting Grinstein). The specifics aren't there yet, and Whitehurst even mentioned that our plan could have 25 narrowbodies that are in the 100 seat range. Without an official announcement, we don't really know. I hear whispers, but nothing concrete until they make the announcement.

Ed Bastian, our CFO, stated we will be building up our NYC operation, and our LAX operation. Our current operation in JFK is getting better, and the terminals there are actually getting more attention and look a lot better then they did a year ago. As far as buying JB, I don't know if that would happen or not. Some say it would be cheaper to buy Jetblue than to build another terminal at JFK. I don't know if that is true or not. The reason Expressjet it growing in LA is the same reason we have more CR9s in ATL---we need to use the gates or lose them. Why do we have a nightly ERJ from LAX to McAllen, TX? Good question. Maybe they have a MX base there.

Rumors now are just that, rumors. I think we will expand in the future, and we will fly to many new places. Hiring has started and I think better times are ahead of us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I am hearing rumors of a possible code share between Delta and JetBlue!!! But I have been wrong in the past. I think it would be a good thing though.

I am hearing rumors of a possible code share between Delta and JetBlue!!! But I have been wrong in the past. I think it would be a good thing though.

I think the Delta pilots have to approve any codeshare. I would rather have a buyout and be Dizel8's Captain. If we did that, we could always ditch the A320s and return them to the lessors, keep the E190s but move some to ATL for the 100 seater, and then move most of our JFK ops to the new JB terminal. But, it's not up to me.....or is it???? ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
ooooobbbbeeerrrrrrstaaaarrrrrrr!!!!!!

Darn, you are right. But, with Neeleman getting kicked out by the board, you never know. A friendly takeover might not be looked at by Oberstar, and since JB isn't a legacy maybe it could work without a big fuss. You never know....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think the Delta pilots have to approve any codeshare. I would rather have a buyout and be Dizel8's Captain. If we did that, we could always ditch the A320s and return them to the lessors, keep the E190s but move some to ATL for the 100 seater, and then move most of our JFK ops to the new JB terminal. But, it's not up to me.....or is it???? ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta pilos have to approve a codeshare? I am talking about something like one world, or star alliance.

Latest resources

Back