• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hunter

FI Supporter
Type aircraft owned
Cubcrafters FX3 (CCX-2000)
Base airport
kmem
Let's see, according to my profile, I joined in '03 but haven't logged in for quite a while. I've got a civilian background (e.g., CFI, air ambulance, 135, military contract, 91 corporate, and airline), and I'm currently a captain and check airman on an Airbus A300.
I've been out of GA and haven't flown a piston for almost 19 years; however, I recently decided to jump in the deep end and bought a Cubcrafters FX-3 (first tailwheel experience as well).
After flying the plane across the country to bring it home, I've got around 30 hours of tailwheel and am very much a novice. I'm also completely new to the world of ownership, which feels like an amazing blessing and an overwhelming responsibility at the same time.
I hope to learn as much as possible from the members of the forum, helping to flatten the learning curve associated with tailwheel flying and ownership.
Thanks!

Hunter

@Hunter,

Congrats and welcome back to Flightinfo.com and thank you for your support. It sounds like we were about in the same boat although I was completely out of flying for 20 years so I'm still working on chiseling away the rust and learning the ropes again. It's been fun but it's even more fun when shared with others. I hope we can bring more of our fellow tailwheel aviators here and share the knowledge.

Share a few pics of the new bird when you want. Can't wait to see what you built.

Thanks, Neal!
Here are a couple of pictures from when I picked it up

IMG_8609.jpg
IMG_1672.jpg

Gorgeous bird. That color scheme was at the top of my list. I could never decide!

Latest resources

Back