• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Here's something Fun! Help design a Pilot Lounge

astropilot

Total Time
Some
Hey guys I am in charge of designing a pilot lounge for my FBO. I would like to find out from you, what are the must-have items, those WOW items and things you would not put in there. Currently, we have the Big Screen TV, Cable DVD player, Chairs and tables. Thanks Mark

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Hmmm.. couch, wifi internet. Lots of electrical outlet space is a big plus, an easy place to charge your laptop or phone is nice.

LR24B

Total Time
8,300+
repost this request in Fractional... You will get better response.

1. Quiet comfortable place to sleep
2. Quiet comfortable place to eat with microwave
3. Free Crew Car, Maps (Not written directions) to local places to eat
3. HI-SPEED, HI Quality, wireless / wired internet access
4. Selection of movies in multiple formats DVD, VHS, Blueray
5. PS2, PS3, Xbox, game console connected to big screen tv
6. good selection of games for unit

Anyone else?

b350capt

Total Time
4500+
1. Good printer with fast print speed and large feeder drawer
2. Quality computer with latest software (including Office 2007 and latest Java applets for JetPlan.com, etc)
3. Cable TV or Direct TV, NOT Dish Network (HORRIBLE interface)
4. Enough room between chairs to not feel like you're back in the airplane
5. Chairs close enough to electrical outlets to be useful for devices with shorter charge cables (Phones, etc)
6. Microwave that is NOT in the pilot lounge, nothing worse than smelling the other guy's food for hours when you don't have any
7. Good subscription of aviation periodicals available (not just the foo-foo mags for passengers or Executive Controller)
8. Ability for CSR to page the crew in the lounge to alert of passenger arrival

mavrck

Total Time
9000+
Fat Lazy boy like recliners, couch(es), quit room with beds. Internet access or computer that is connected.

pilothouston123

Total Time
>7,000
Private snooze rooms rock! video camera to view arriving passengers

Last edited:

xrated

Jeezz, What have I Done?
Total Time
Huh?
Obviously, none of the people who have replied so far have spent more that ten minutes at a FBO crew lounge. There are only three things needed in a crew lounge and three things only.....A stocked bar, a killer sound system and a stripper poll. Hot FBO chicks, I assume, will do the dancing!

indefinitehold

Total Time
X, you rock bro

indefinitehold

Total Time
You and AVBUG friends or something?

ha

indefinitehold

Total Time
Good suggestions guys. If Marks company give a purse with no strings this will be one heck of a lounge.

I would also like to suggest a storage locker or two. This way a pilot can leave a brief case or something of the sort in the lounge when he takes the crew car out for lunch.

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
Re:recliners!!!!

Hey guys I am in charge of designing a pilot lounge for my FBO. I would like to find out from you, what are the must-have items, those WOW items and things you would not put in there. Currently, we have the Big Screen TV, Cable DVD player, Chairs and tables. Thanks Mark[/
QUOTE]

Hey astropilot,you didn't mention anything about RECLINERS,dude!!
You need RECLINERS in this pilot lounge,and a good FLAT-SCREEN TV,with some good DVD's

lansen

Awesomeman
Total Time
I second the Strippers.... Ones with really loose morals.
Seriously after spending too many hour in crew lounges. Comfortabe recliners, I actually prefer couches to sleep on but that would take up a lot of room. Good WIFI and a power outlet to plug in the computers. A tv for background noise while I sleep. And above all it is for crew only no bigwigs comming in while you are napping turning on the lights, turning off the A/C (in GUAT really blows) and talking constantly on thier cells with no thought of the crews.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
... a good FLAT-SCREEN TV ...

Properly hooked up to a high-definition cable or satellite box. I've been to a few FBOs with nice 50"+ flat panel TVs, showing a grainy standard-def picture either stretched or with black bars on the sides. :crying:

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Guess avbug made another friend.

Some folks will never learn, "Don't Feed The Bug!!!"
:nuts:

As far as the lounge goes, I vote for the full wet bar and strippers.