• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's my prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I said before, I do not believe in the chip philosophy. It was more a different approach in a shrinking market that one guy had. Obviously that was not the direction that the new owner thought was productive and he made a change. Now Ken comes back and he makes a relatively small step to improve overall cultural mood.
That done, he had more crtical things to work on. First getting the revenue turned around. The Phenom will not be here immediately and he needs new customers. You do not need employees at all with no aircraft or customers. Secondly is funding the change in plan has to be addressed at a time when the business is harder to get accpetable money. Third is probably appeasing the new owner that he has a workable plan and keeping them motivated for support. When he gets those handled, he can worry more about the employee contracts etc..

I think your priorities are backwards. Let me re-phrase that. If you are correct, RICCI has HIS priorities backwards.

His first priority should be to fix his employee relations problems. Then the employees will help him fix the other problems you mentioned.

It will do him no good to get customers OR funding if he doesn't have any pilots willing to do the work required to keep either of them.

Lets not forget, Ricci is a known union hater. We are willing to work with him, but will he work with us? So far he hasn't negotiated as he said he would.

Never wrote that. But as I've stated before, they were sacrificed because of union negotiations.

No, you just said that TurboHonda "hit the nail on the head" when he said it.

As I said before, I do not believe in the chip philosophy. It was more a different approach in a shrinking market that one guy had. Obviously that was not the direction that the new owner thought was productive and he made a change. Now Ken comes back and he makes a relatively small step to improve overall cultural mood.
That done, he had more crtical things to work on. First getting the revenue turned around. The Phenom will not be here immediately and he needs new customers. You do not need employees at all with no aircraft or customers. Secondly is funding the change in plan has to be addressed at a time when the business is harder to get accpetable money. Third is probably appeasing the new owner that he has a workable plan and keeping them motivated for support. When he gets those handled, he can worry more about the employee contracts etc..

What sanctimonious and condescending BS.

CULTural mood? I hate that word.

More critical things to work on? What pilot would ever agree with that?

When he gets those handled? That is, by definition, stalling.

I think your priorities are backwards. Let me re-phrase that. If you are correct, RICCI has HIS priorities backwards.

His first priority should be to fix his employee relations problems. Then the employees will help him fix the other problems you mentioned.

It will do him no good to get customers OR funding if he doesn't have any pilots willing to do the work required to keep either of them.

I couldn't have said that better myself.

In any battle, you address the aspect that can kill you first, not the annoying ones. Owners of companies, be they stockholders or private entities want to have a plan in place that deals with the market, how you intend to finance the plan, what are the logistics (infrastructure) for it, and a timetable to get it done.
They assume you are going to be able to have a workforce that fits the need and will address the issues that come up.
No one is saying that the pilot group or any other employee group is not important -- how important was the guy who came up with the fuel hedge program at Southwest Airlines -- but the fact is that these are cogs in the wheel. Not understanding the order of things is the root cause of most labor management relationship problems, especially in the airlines with heavy union influence.
Everyone seems to forget, there is currently only one company that really has a model that works profitably and even that one has some problems. The rest all struggle to get profitable. No figuring that out and there is no need.

Latest resources

Back