• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Here's a toast to the host
Of those who love the vastness of the sky,
To a friend we send a message of his brother men who fly.
We drink to those who gave their all of old,
Then down we roar to score the rainbow's pot of gold.
A toast to the host of men we boast, the U.S. Air Force!

To those who are serving away from home -- from the bottom of my heart

THANK YOU

Amen, brother. Never doubt the sincerity, skill and willingness to "get er' done" of the military aviator, regardless of service.

Raise the glass!

As soon as I saw those words, the tune began in my own mind... one more Zoom-brother ('84) says cheers!

Unfortunately, Navy football is now poised to dominate the interservice rivalry. Navy had a kick-a$$ team this year. Good for them. Now the boys at "Castle Greyskull" have to get their football team elevated a bit.

Eagleflip, when did you fly the AT-38B? Was it at HMN before the program was gutted? I instructed in the 434th from '89 to '91. Actually commuted for my airline from HMN as my wife was still active duty at the time and we lived on base. It was a hoot to don the uniform (3 big proud stripes on the sleeve), load up the Samsonite rollaboard, and walk from base housing to the front gate, thence the shuttle bus to ELP.

The colonels on base despised me when I did this. There was nothing they could do, as I was officially a "dependent". :D Poor enlisted guys didn't know what to make of me. Who is this guy? A German? Italian? Weird new navy uniform? Lots of undeserved salutes.

I'd come back from a trip and occasionally drop by the squadron bar and give the guys some gouge. Retention at that time was hovering around 35%. The airlines were hiring like gangbusters, and every squadron had its secret "FAPA" collection!

Last edited:
Swede said:
The colonels on base despised me when I did this. There was nothing they could do, as I was officially a "dependent". :D Poor enlisted guys didn't know what to make of me. Who is this guy? A German? Italian? Weird new navy uniform? Lots of undeserved salutes.

We are not supposed to salute F/O’s from prominent airlines??:) Got a kick out of that, and the Weird Navy uniform comment. I am joining the CG because of the new Navy uniform.

Cheers to everyone. Hope 05 brings good to all (even AF brothers)!

A toast to the host of men we boast, the U.S. Air Force!

I guess when said with butt load of deep south, backwoods accent that all rhymes. ;)

Latest resources

Back