Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's a new one from the local T.S.A....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every day in IAH TSA people take forbidden items through into the sterile area. They don't go through screening themselves, they to through the exits. And every one of them that smokes uses a lighter, they they have in in the sterile area. I'm trying to figure out who to write. If they are going to treat us as a threat, then they can treat themselves as one too.

Every day in IAH TSA people take forbidden items through into the sterile area. They don't go through screening themselves, they to through the exits. And every one of them that smokes uses a lighter, they they have in in the sterile area. I'm trying to figure out who to write. If they are going to treat us as a threat, then they can treat themselves as one too.

Speaking of lighters, just about every regular smoking passenger has figured out that if they put their lighters in their pockets while going through the metal detector, they'll get to keep it.

Do you think the average terrorist is as smart as the average TSA agent?

I don't think its the folks in the TSA that are flawed. Where are you going to find a well-educated, well-spoken, patient, and savvy individual willing to stand for hours on end and search through people's belongings? I think its going to be a rare find. I know I wouldn't do it without going postal.

If we spent half the money we spend on the TSA on a good counter terrorism effort; utilizing smart people doing smart things (infiltrating chat rooms, killing world terrorist leaders, seizing terrorist funding) maybe.....just maybe we wouldn't have to worry about a dangerous pilot going into the terminal to get his/her lunch. If our personnel screening is so bad we have to babysit the pilots of a domestic carrier walking in an airport we should just shut the whole air transport system down.

VV

The big gulps, slurppies and frappacino's combined with the gossip blah, blah talk as a I go thru security tells me these clowns are just that....

Yes it does require a 20+ oz drink to operate the xray machine.... and did you hear that Jimmy broke up with Shelia the other day..and she's pregnant!

The greatest insult to these clowns is "Does it bother you that you have no room for critical thought in this job?"

The big gulps, slurppies and frappacino's combined with the gossip blah, blah talk as a I go thru security tells me these clowns are just that....

often thought of that myself. can't even count the times i've gone thru security in dca and tsa agent jamal is hitting on shanana who is working x-ray machine or one tsa guy is yelling across 3 security lanes to another about their work sked or some show on TV.

not too long ago in phl i set the alarm off (left my cell phone in my pocket) and nobody stopped me - the 2 agents were yapping about someone they knew in high school.

often thought of that myself. can't even count the times i've gone thru security in dca and tsa agent jamal is hitting on shanana who is working x-ray machine or one tsa guy is yelling across 3 security lanes to another about their work sked or some show on TV.

not too long ago in phl i set the alarm off (left my cell phone in my pocket) and nobody stopped me - the 2 agents were yapping about someone they knew in high school.

That's just it though. The system is flawed. You can't expect any "normal" human being to do that work with any level of competency for a reasonable period of time.

That's just it though. The system is flawed. You can't expect any "normal" human being to do that work with any level of competency for a reasonable period of time.

So instead we will just make a ridiculous new rule, or "security directive", every other month or so to compensate.

So instead we will just make a ridiculous new rule, or "security directive", every other month or so to compensate.

Its all part of the illusion of being safer. More important yet it give the politicians something to say when the broken system fails again. "Yes this happener, but we did all this in an attempt to prevent it." Our world is a messed up place where reality and lucid thought rarely hold hands.

Spend a week at the TSA's Artesia Retreat and Convetion center and never think about it again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back