• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's a good one

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Just tell people I'm in the high-speed aluminum tubing industry. That usually redirects the conversation towards something more interesting.

herewego again said:
SemperFido,
I love coming here just to see photos of your dog! She/he's gorgeous. Do you change them every week? (The photos that is).
Keep them coming.
herewegoagain

cheap entertainment. haven't been flyin much. glad you like him. backing up to the pay window. :cool:

vicious circle: fly a little-post a lot. fly a lot- post a little

Last edited:
mar said:
You know, when I first started flying in Alaska I met a guy who would spend the summers flying in Alaska and then go to Hawaii and spend the winters flying down there. He told me that when he tried to tell an "Alaska" story (you know, like, "...there I was, VFR, the vis was about 2 miles...") nobody would believe him!!

So he started to lie!

"...there I was, VFR and the vis was about 4 to 5 miles..."

Response: They believed that! "Oh no way, dude, YGTBSM..."

We should just tell them what they want to hear. :)

By the way, I tell people I work in logistics. That sounds pretty boring, by the way, where're the chips...?

I tell 'em what they want to hear plus some. I figure if they won't believe the truth about our salary and time off, I should just make them as jealous as possible. Merry Christmas!

Dennis Miller said:
You lost me here. Are you the cousin, the North West guy, or is this West Virginia?

Dennis, after reading how I posted that I can see how you would think this is West Virgina, But you forgot to say "Thats just my opnion I could be wrong"
Merry christmas

I should hope first year pay would be at least 46. Second year at FDX widebody is 117 vs. 72 at Brown and people wonder why the negotiations are so tense. We need a 60% pay raise to match them for year 2. Most of the '05 newhires will be off probation by the time the contract is done. That's OK by me, as long as we get er done.

OUT said:
I heard that first year pay at UPS will be going up to $46,000.

That's great if that is the case.....I won't hold my breath though
I hope probationary pilots will get retro if everyone else does. I could use a check for $20K (minus tax of course)

Latest resources

Back