Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
I was in the UPS store today and I get involved in a conversation regarding contract negotiations with the clerk. As I am leaving, something was said about first year pay and I said, "it's $26,000 a year". This guy that had just walked in heard and says, "Uh, more like A HUNDRED twenty six thousand." Yeah, and my Porche 911 is parked outside. :rolleyes:
Don't you all wish we actually did make what people think we make?

My cousin was just hired by a North West commuter, a big fight broke out at Thanksgiving dinner because noone belived how low his pay rate was. They all assumed that I made $200,000.00 a year. It is all a myth.

CKJET said:
My cousin was just hired by a North West commuter, a big fight broke out at Thanksgiving dinner because noone belived how low his pay rate was. They all assumed that I made $200,000.00 a year. It is all a myth.

You lost me here. Are you the cousin, the North West guy, or is this West Virginia?

I went to a neighborhood christmas party and got asked the question about pay along with all the other typical flying questions. I had to explain the whole seniority system and pay rate deal. You get alot of funny looks.

The general public has no idea about the aviation industry.

Wesb737fo said:
I went to a neighborhood christmas party and got asked the question about pay along with all the other typical flying questions. I had to explain the whole seniority system and pay rate deal. You get alot of funny looks.

Let this be a lesson to you. Your response should be "I work in aluminum tubing, it's rather boring, what do YOU do?"

i just try to avoid questions and quickly change the subject. talking pay at a party is pretty boring conversation.

is it really that low?...that is pathetic--why do they still do that?

Last edited:
SemperFido,
I love coming here just to see photos of your dog! She/he's gorgeous. Do you change them every week? (The photos that is).
Keep them coming.
herewegoagain

How low can you go?

CKJET said:

You know, when I first started flying in Alaska I met a guy who would spend the summers flying in Alaska and then go to Hawaii and spend the winters flying down there. He told me that when he tried to tell an "Alaska" story (you know, like, "...there I was, VFR, the vis was about 2 miles...") nobody would believe him!!

So he started to lie!

"...there I was, VFR and the vis was about 4 to 5 miles..."

Response: They believed that! "Oh no way, dude, YGTBSM..."

We should just tell them what they want to hear. :)

By the way, I tell people I work in logistics. That sounds pretty boring, by the way, where're the chips...?

Latest resources

Back