Here something fun! Help design a pilot lounge

astropilot

Total Time
Some
Hey guys I am in charge of designing a pilot lounge for my FBO. I would like to find out from you, what are the must-have items, those WOW items and things you would not put in there. Currently, we have the Big Screen TV, Cable DVD player, Chairs and tables. Thanks Mark

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Couch for those nice long freight delays, a stripper pole or two and a seperate tiny room for the pompous fractional guy to go eat his crew meal alone in.

timeless

Total Time
I saw a pilot lounge with a monitor that displayed a camera feed of the front doors so the pilots could see when their pax were arriving. Since I flew freight I always wanted a live camera feed of the gate so I could see when my truck arrived. It would actually be pretty cheap to install something like that.

Princedietrich

Retired Starchecker
Total Time
Enough
I am in full agreement with Timeless and Landlover. I'd also suggest blackout curtains for the freight dawgs who try to catch a few zzzz waiting on the courier.

340drvr

Total Time
Internet computer, and/or WiFi. More important, separate quiet room or individual "snooze closets" with nice recliners for pilot napping, not in the same room with the regular lounge and TV.

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Oh yeah, snooze closets. Lane at CMH has the best ones, they have 4-5 really small rooms with little beds. They are away from everything upstairs between the pilot lounge and game room and quiet. I got 4-5 hours of sleep on one delay, that made a big difference that day. A game room would be sweet too with a pinball game or something. Be careful, you know pilots, if you make it too nice you might get a pilot or two move in.

timeless

Total Time
F' yeah on the snooze closets. A big meal + ear plugs + recliner or bed in a dark room = good bye world. I would settle in for my food coma with a stupid grin on my face because I was getting paid to sleep. Some of the pilots that like to complain have lost perspective of how laid back our jobs can be. Well, my job got a little too laid back and went away.

aussiefly

Total Time
plenty
Massage service from HOT fbo chicks...absolutely essential

BEfly

Regular User
Total Time
I saw a pilot lounge with a monitor that displayed a camera feed of the front doors so the pilots could see when their pax were arriving. Since I flew freight I always wanted a live camera feed of the gate so I could see when my truck arrived. It would actually be pretty cheap to install something like that.

Flightcraft in PDX used to have one. I was there a couple weeks ago and I thinks its gone. You could even move the camera around and zoom in on stuff. It was only for the ramp though

Get a pool table.

Fedora

Total Time
15000+
How about some transportation to the main terminal or a local strip mall/restaurant area to get some food other than the vending machine variety?

belchfire

unpredictable member
Total Time
9:00am
Popcorn machine and a Sweet Tea machine...and ditto on the snooze rooms.

I really did like that job, it just didn't pay well.

It's okay though, I got a snooze room in my plane now!