Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is an example of someone who gets it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hvydriver

>Name withheld per board rules. Needless to say, we're going to hunt him down to make sure he never has to buy a drink again.<

ALPA: The Pilots Union

ALPA received the following letter today.

To Whom It May Concern,

I resigned my post at UPS due to my refusal to participate in several unethical initiatives after having joined the ALPA picket-line outside UPS World Headquarters today. I have been a UPS employee for 10+ years, but after realizing today, that my work was being used to facilitate similar cost-cutting initiatives dwarfing even that of the destruction of 10,000 families, as well as communities, I dropped my name badge to the floor in protest, and tendered my verbal resignation on the spot. A few hours after being suspended and sent home, UPS officially accepted my resignation. I am a 36 year-old caucasion male from Snellville, GA supporting a family of 9 dependents. Enough was enough. With three masters and a PhD in the works, I could see no reason to continue my employment with a company that says one things and does something completly opposite. After 10+ years, it's job-hunting time again.....

Sincerely,

Name Removed

Last edited:
I wish him luck in trying to find work at a company that's not trying to "cut costs" or increase revenue. The last one of those I know of was DHL, and they're, well...

He "gets it" because he has "three masters and a PhD in the works."

Hvy,

OK... I give. What exactly does the anonymous poster suddenly "get"?

Let me guess. By association, now you're accusing UPS of unethical business practices, is that it?

Here's the brutal truth Hvy... YOU CHOSE POORLY. You sought and obtained employment from a company that was not well capitalized or managed. Now you're "shocked" your gamble didn't pay off. A bit disingenuous I'd say.

BBB

He "gets it" because he has "three masters and a PhD in the works."
I figured that anybody with those kinds of credentials ("three masters and a PhD in the works") was probably pretty high up in the organization, but since I could find no reference to him in the UPS Corporate heirarchy, I Googled his name. My search returned 3 hits;

One was to late 80's graduate of a south Florida high school.

The next was a post to an online gamers site, referring to technical issues involving the Xbox 360.

The last was a written review of a gamers guide to "Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom" posted online.

There were no other hits.

I guess anybody who wants to "hunt him down and buy him a beer" ought to start their search at the "GameStop" in Snellville, GA. And whatever you do, don't let him sucker you into a game of "Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom!"

I guess anybody who wants to "hunt him down and buy him a beer" ought to start their search at the "GameStop" in Snellville, GA. And whatever you do, don't let him sucker you into a game of "Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom!"

LOL! Now that was funny. Maybe Norm's giving him a good-bye back rub? :laugh:

BBB

I could see no reason to continue my employment with a company that says one things and does something completly opposite

He has some spelling issues for such a learned individual. I wonder just what it was that he heard the company say where they did the opposite, with regards to DHL? I'm a little more than worried for my job now, I hope that we can get by without him!

Latest resources

Back