• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is a good one, good job JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like we need to expand SONG to allow every passenger to "surf the TV and play Donkey Kong..." Sounds like it must be the pilots' fault.

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

The article quotes Grinstien as saying, "I understand fully what a fighter brand is, and that you sometimes have to make an economic investment in order to hold off competition. That makes a lot of sense to me, but there's always a question of the price you're willing to pay."

So the view from someone who has seen the numbers is that SONG is losing money. Right?

Salvaggio (the head of Song) recently told Grinstein that Song was doing better and even taking market share from Jetblue. (that is what he told a recurrent class of Song stews and a few 757/767 pilots) He said Grinstein was re-evaluating his decision to stop the growth. I am sure he will make up his mind by July when the strategic review is due.....

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Meeting in Grinstein's office

Grinstein : "So tell me more about the Song situation "

Salvaggio : "pffffft, sure boss, could you hold my crack pipe for me?"

Grinstein : "Let me get this straight, you're still losing money and stealing marketshare from mother Delta ?"

Salvaggio : "Well yeah, you could look at that way if you want. But I think I should get a raise since I'm not burning through the money as fast as before "

Grinstein : "How do you explain JB having full flights and double digit margins while your Song business is only losing a little less money than before?"

Salvaggio : " Could you pass back the pipe please ? pfffft, well boss, those "full flights" and "double digit profit margins" are just some fancy terms that mean nothing to us. I mean, did you hear the part about me burning through the cash at a slower rate ?"

IMHO, flying on JetBlue was no accident. Grinstein is doing everything he can to highlight his pilots and airline to shake things up.

What's the big deal anyhow? Our COO Dave Barger flies on Song quite frequently from NY to FLL. His travel on Song is multi-purpose; He can stretch out and have a row or two by himself and get some work done because the JB flights are always jammed full. Also he can see how the other guys are doing it and possibly learn something. Besides, he can fly on Song for $79 or bump a revenue passenger and lose $115-299. Do the math.

C yaaaa

Good one........

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

flyboeingjets is right. This is a scam. "Waaah, we COULD compete if only we could get our labor costs down."

Gee, I wonder how many free tickets on Delta that schill from Riddle got...:rolleyes:

Hey Jerry! Try to be a little less conspicuous next time.TC

Latest resources

Back