Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rice

Clown Puncher
A friends kid just graduated college and is looking for work in NY (specifically Long Island). The kid only has about 500 hours TT and asked me if I knew anyone who was hiring. Since he has so little time I suggested the CFI thing, but he's been there done that. Anyone out there know of Caravan or King Air operator where this kid might go knock on doors? He is not interested in the 121 world and would eventually like to persue Corporate work.

Thanks!

rice said:
The kid only has about 500 hours TT and asked me if I knew anyone who was hiring. Since he has so little time I suggested the CFI thing, but he's been there done that.

Thanks!

Poor guy, he should write a book!! Since he already paid his dues as a CFI, PM me, I have a coorporate gig lined up for him.

rice said:
A friends kid just graduated college and is looking for work in NY (specifically Long Island). The kid only has about 500 hours TT and asked me if I knew anyone who was hiring. Since he has so little time I suggested the CFI thing, but he's been there done that. Anyone out there know of Caravan or King Air operator where this kid might go knock on doors? He is not interested in the 121 world and would eventually like to persue Corporate work.

Thanks!

At 500 hours he has just begun to get his feet wet as an instructor. Tell him to instruct for another 1000 hours, then get a job flying freight or the like. Corporate flight time requirements are going to be much higher than the 121 regional stuff (which I guess he could already go for). Good luck to him.

rice said:

Thanks!
If he was my friend I'd slap him along side of his head, tell him to grow up and quit whinning. Ready for a "real job" at 500 hours? Yeah right. Tell him to get back to you when he has his ATP and 2000 hours (including 750 to 1000 hours of dual given.) Then he'll have something to offer.

'Sled

rice said:

Thanks!

We have an opening upstate for a cleaner. I know that sounds like a step down, but it is a way in.

PM me if he would seriously consider.

Ace

My Bad on this One

I guess I wasn't very clear in the original post. My friends son is looking for an entry level freight or pax hauling job to build some time. He is willing to flight instruct (but says there are way too many CFI's in the area already) he would like to see if he can get on with an operator of light twins or Caravans/King Airs. As I'm out of the loop on that type of work I thought I'd ask here. He is living back at home with his parents because of the high COL on Long Island. Doesn't sound like he's in a financial position to move out on his own yet.

P.S. I've schooled him on what it'll take to break into the corp. ranks. His illusions of jumping into a jet at 1000 hours have been quieted me. In fact when his parents asked my advice I told him/them to send him back to school and get an MBA!!!!! Unfortunately the dumba$$ has the bug and is pretty set on flying for a living.

Thanks Again.

Latest resources

Back