Help...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flywrite

Well folks 20 years and 3 days since I soloed I'm looking at a medical grounding. Nothing serious to most folks, but enough to get the FAA to say 'no'.

It's been fun and I've had some great experiences in my 20 years of recreational and professional flying, and it's heartbreaking to see it go, but after a day or two of wallowing in self pity, it's time to get up and feed the family.

So, since I would love to stay in aviation in some way, I figure part of the search could be asking if anyone knows of anything on the ground in western NC/upstate SC? I'm close to AVL, CLT, HKY, GSP, and will be staying in this area, at least for the immediate future.

I havent finished the college thing yet, but I have over 90 hours with the ERAU program. I've loaded many bags for little airlines and big ones, I've sold a few airplanes, done all kinds of FBO from sweeping to management, and ran my own flight school. I've flown passenger and cargo airline, charter and corporate. I've also done a little professional writing. I'd be interested in anything airline, charter, corporate, sales, FBO, or even any interesting non-aviation jobs.

Any and all leads are greatly appreciated, though please understand I woulld have to go sell cars or something rather than try to get by on a low paying position since I have a family.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Flywrite said:
Well folks 20 years and 3 days since I soloed I'm looking at a medical grounding. Nothing serious to most folks, but enough to get the FAA to say 'no'.

It's been fun and I've had some great experiences in my 20 years of recreational and professional flying, and it's heartbreaking to see it go, but after a day or two of wallowing in self pity, it's time to get up and feed the family.

So, since I would love to stay in aviation in some way, I figure part of the search could be asking if anyone knows of anything on the ground in western NC/upstate SC? I'm close to AVL, CLT, HKY, GSP, and will be staying in this area, at least for the immediate future.

I havent finished the college thing yet, but I have over 90 hours with the ERAU program. I've loaded many bags for little airlines and big ones, I've sold a few airplanes, done all kinds of FBO from sweeping to management, and ran my own flight school. I've flown passenger and cargo airline, charter and corporate. I've also done a little professional writing. I'd be interested in anything airline, charter, corporate, sales, FBO, or even any interesting non-aviation jobs.

Any and all leads are greatly appreciated, though please understand I woulld have to go sell cars or something rather than try to get by on a low paying position since I have a family.

Thanks!!

What happened? Are you sure that you will be grounded permantely? I am sure the folks at www.leftseat.com and the rest could help you out.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear.

Have you tried getting professional help for your medical problem with FAA medical certification consultants?

www.aviationmedicine.com

They are a great group of guys that work directly with the FAA. They worked on a case for me a couple years ago and it worked out great.

Good Luck

Have you looked into ATC? I know they require some kind of medical certificate, but I'm not sure if it's the same as the pilot ones. If anything like that happened to my flying career, then I would strongly consider ATC. And for some reason, I think it would be fun to be a boat driver too.

Latest resources

Back