Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help with the restoration of a Lockheed Lodestar!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot-Sam

Hello all!

I have been working for a while on a remarkable project; getting an original Lockheed Lodestar airworthy again! We have put a lot of time and effort in making this project succeed, unfortunately the restoration has come to a halt because of a lack of qualified technicians available... Therefore, I'd like to call on you to help us to make this fantastic project succeed. Are you a mechanic with experience working on WWII transport airplanes (for example experience working on DC3's...) or do you know someone that does? Please contact me! The airplane is currently located in Chelan, Washington. However, for the right candidates we are more than willing to facilitate transportation and housing. Most of the restoration is already done, the airplane is already in great condition, however, there are still small but important things to need to be done. With 4 technicians the job can probably be done in less than a month. If we can find 2 mechanics it can still be done in about two months (approximately).

All help is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Patrick, Frank & Samantha

Hello all!

I have been working for a while on a remarkable project; getting an original Lockheed Lodestar airworthy again! We have put a lot of time and effort in making this project succeed, unfortunately the restoration has come to a halt because of a lack of qualified technicians available... Therefore, I'd like to call on you to help us to make this fantastic project succeed. Are you a mechanic with experience working on WWII transport airplanes (for example experience working on DC3's...) or do you know someone that does? Please contact me! The airplane is currently located in Chelan, Washington. However, for the right candidates we are more than willing to facilitate transportation and housing. Most of the restoration is already done, the airplane is already in great condition, however, there are still small but important things to need to be done. With 4 technicians the job can probably be done in less than a month. If we can find 2 mechanics it can still be done in about two months (approximately).

All help is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Patrick, Frank & Samantha
Great to see someone expressing love for this old girl. I had the pleasure of helping maintain a LoadToad with the CAF many moons ago (actually, a Howard 250 that we called a C60). Beautiful girls and they deserve to be shown and cared for. Once you get past the hydraulics, everything is pretty straight-forward. Wish I had time to help but, considering the date of your original post, you probably have the old girl smiling again by now anyway.

Latest resources

Back