Help with Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi

I know the person in charge of hiring at USA Jet and NJA both have a major input into who is hired. I assume it's the same at Atlas, and at every where else. I wouldn't do anything intentionally to piss off the person in charge of hiring.

If I could tell that the organization was not for me, I'd politely inform the person in charge of hiring that I was no longer interested in the position. Also, if I was leaving an organization I'd leave on good terms and thank them for hiring me.

The hiring guys/gals are pretty tight-knit, and pissing off one of the hiring people may lead to not getting an interview or job offer from some other organization.

God Bless!

cliff
YIP

Be advised, that HR chick is a cast iron bit*h!! Apparently it's the end of the world if you're offered an Atlas class, but politely ask if it's ok if you wait for an available Polar class since you live in Chicago. I don't see how or why an HR chick should have the final say as to whether you are hired as a pilot or not, considering they are clueless about the position. They are merely there to weed out the folks who they think may reject the company kool-aid and actually have there own opinions!!

So, did you get the job or were you ultimately turned down due to your Polar request? Are they forcing you to take the Atlas slot instead? What was the result of your request?

Personally, I would not have made the request unless that was an option presented during the interview process. Good jobs are a bit scarce these days and the HR people know it...

Would anyone at Atlas be willing to help me track down an old co-worker who went to Atlas a few years back?

Thanks

Personally, I would not have made the request unless that was an option presented during the interview process. Good jobs are a bit scarce these days and the HR people know it...

I'll be damn*d if I am going to kowtow to these HR punks!! They wouldn't know the difference between an Airbus and a Boeing if you spent all day explaining it to them. They think we are supposed to fall all over ourselves like a bunch of subservient buffoons for these jobs? I have too much self respect to do that. At one time it may have been worth it, now with these joke wages and schedules, hardly!!

I'll be damn*d if I am going to kowtow to these HR punks!! They wouldn't know the difference between an Airbus and a Boeing if you spent all day explaining it to them. They think we are supposed to fall all over ourselves like a bunch of subservient buffoons for these jobs? I have too much self respect to do that. At one time it may have been worth it, now with these joke wages and schedules, hardly!!

You know what...I agree.

Me too. Nice post.

Thanks! All this BS needs to come to a head, and soon. We are going to stand united or fall divided, but one way or another, it's been high time to make a stand. Sorry to have semi hijacked the thread.

Thanks! All this BS needs to come to a head, and soon. We are going to stand united or fall divided, but one way or another, it's been high time to make a stand. Sorry to have semi hijacked the thread.

What was the result? Have you heard back from them? For someone who is a bit unfamiliar, why request Polar when Atlas and Polar will be merged anyway in the future? Was it purely the domicile issue (ORD vs. Atlas choices) or was there other reasoning?

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back