• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help with Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Atlas firm on the 1000 turbine PIC requirement?

Is Atlas firm on the 1000 turbine PIC requirement?

The CP sent out a company email a few months back addressing the issue of recommending new pilots. It essentially said that if your pilot didn't meet the minimum requirements, don't bother. With that being said, I do know people who have been hired in the past that did not have the turbine PIC.

Six months ago I don't think it would have been a big issue it the rest of your time had been good but with the market today it is.

On a foot note, I recommended a friend (that did meet the requirements) that got hired. According to him 100% of the applicants in his interview class had internal recommendations.

Good luck to all.

Looking for a any crew that worked at Fine Air or Arrow Air between 1998 to 2002 when I was there and who is now at Atlas/Polar.

I need a rec. Thanks

The CP sent out a company email a few months back addressing the issue of recommending new pilots. It essentially said that if your pilot didn't meet the minimum requirements, don't bother. With that being said, I do know people who have been hired in the past that did not have the turbine PIC.

Six months ago I don't think it would have been a big issue it the rest of your time had been good but with the market today it is.

On a foot note, I recommended a friend (that did meet the requirements) that got hired. According to him 100% of the applicants in his interview class had internal recommendations.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the info. I am sure there are tons of overqualified pilots on the street looking to get on with Atlas, but it wont hurt to send a resume and get something on file. Fingers crossed!

If your in the pool, you may end up on the classic. With the two classics returning from Tradewinds, the plan is for two classes of newhires for the classic.

Not sure of the rules for bypassing an offer if you want the -400 type.

I don't think I would bypass the offer just for a 400 type because they will tell you that an offer for a class is not an offer of employment. If you ask for a bypass, I think they will bypass you for good, unless you have a solid "in" with the company.

Atlas Bases

From a much earlier post on another site I found that among the Atlas crew bases JFK was mostly a paper base from which crews position, MIA was mostly standby, ANC was mostly out and back trips and Stanstead was much better now that you don't have to get there via jumpseat any more. There was no info about LAX, however. What sort of flying is done out of LAX?

Just gathering info while cooling my heels in the pool. :)

Jim

just a quick question for those in the Atlas/Polar pool. What was the length of time between submitting your resume and getting a call for an interview?

I don't think I would bypass the offer just for a 400 type because they will tell you that an offer for a class is not an offer of employment. If you ask for a bypass, I think they will bypass you for good, unless you have a solid "in" with the company.

Be advised, that HR chick is a cast iron bit*h!! Apparently it's the end of the world if you're offered an Atlas class, but politely ask if it's ok if you wait for an available Polar class since you live in Chicago. I don't see how or why an HR chick should have the final say as to whether you are hired as a pilot or not, considering they are clueless about the position. They are merely there to weed out the folks who they think may reject the company kool-aid and actually have there own opinions!!

That would be a long wait! The ORD base may just go away and turn into ANC. Good luck with your job search.

Latest resources

Back