Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

earl

john steinbeck rocks
Does any one know of any resources that are helpful in composing an operations manual. This task has recently fallen on my shoulders and I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks

earl

Is this an "company ops" manual or one that you have to have for RVSM???

Company. We are a part 91 BE20 operator. We have an ancient manual that is really is a soup sandwich.

earl

friends/contacts and NBAA to start...do what i do when i want info---GOOGLE it

Last edited:
There's a place near Centennial Airport in CO called GLN Compliance that will write a manual for you. Easiest way to go but most expensive as well.

NBAA also has some good resources on their website. Most of their manuals are in pdf or word, so you can just edit them to your specifications. If you know what you want this could be the best route.

Lastly, the most difficult way, borrow a manual from a buddy (with the DO's permission of course) and type the whole thing over again while making your editorial changes.

Ops Manual

This can be a daunting task and an expensive one at that. You might want to do a Google search for the International Business Aviation Council and more specifically the term ISBAO. To be ISBAO certified is going to cost you some money but it tends to be golden when finished. For starters the manual footprint will cost you around $1,000 dollars and the ISBAO certification after you have finished your manual will be about $10,000. and that does not include all the writing, training, etc. that goes into the manual. This format is probably not for everybody but I think it is fair to say that many of the largest and most sophisticated flight departments are using it.

There are several other options that are excellent, but will cost you anywhere from $4,000 to $5,000 depending on the details. remember what you put down in writing and what you practice had better be one in the same or you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt if something goes wrong. I am assumming that this is a pure Part 91 operation and not a Part 135 gig.

If your boss thinks this kind of quality work can be created overnight, or on the cheap.............your already in trouble and are certainly setting yourself up for an embarressment.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back