Help...please Take A Minute To Read....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abenaki

Guys and gals, I need your help coming up with some private pilot videos for a young acquaintance of mine.

I "volunteer" as a mentor and writer on a website called Pilot Mentor Network (www.pilotmentornetwork.com) which is a (free)website devoted to helping aspiring pilots with articles, questions and answer boards AND most importantly, a free-for-the-asking pilot mentoring program. Individuals can be guided along through their flight training and plans for the furture by professional pilots who "chat" with their mentorees about various areas of concern and interest in the aviation field.

One of my mentorees is a high schooler from the great State of Texas who seems to have had a hard road....His dad is in federal prison and his mom is a hard worker just trying to support herself and her two kids.

This young man seems like a decent kid who could use a little guidance and would dearly love to take flying lessons some day if he can earn some bucks to do so some time. I am trying to get him a private pilot video course and have tried numerous times on eBay but always seem to get outbid at the last minute. A set of King or Sporty's or the like would be wonderful.

I figure that someone has got to have a set of videos or cd's lying around collecting dust that I would be more than willing to buy for a reasonable price. Love to get them to my friend in Texas for Christmas.....

So, please, check out those closets and let me know if you have something you'd be willing to part with. You'd be doing a great thing for a kid whose life might really be touched in a positive way.

Thanks so much.....pm me or email me at [email protected]......

P.S. If you'r interested in being a mentor for the Pilot Mentor Network, check out the website and volunteer....It doesn't take much time and costs you zip. You can just contribute by answering questions that the mentorees pose on the question boards, write articles, and become a personal mentor if you want......The kid who started it is a high school senior in California and has done one helluva job with it. He has dozens of professional pilots from a lot of airlines and biz jet operators.....He could use some from the military if any of you fast movers would like to help out......I hope that you will check it out.

Thanks again.....

Latest resources

Back