Help Parking Near ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TWA Dude

I live in MKE but it's often convenient to commute via ORD. Any ideas about good deals for parking that's cheap (airline discount) and convenient? Thanks in advance.

If you work there, I believe you'll get reimbersed, and you can park in employee parking.

Otherwise, there's huge parking garages off of Cumberland and Rosemont. You just jump on the L from there to Ohare.

doesn't the metra go from MKE to Chicago now? and then take the blue line from there to ORD.

Amtrak has a stop at MKE now but that's not much help since I gotta go by my schedule and not their unreliable one. I'm based in PHX and AWA doesn't reimburse so no employee parking at ORD: I gotta pay. I'm gone for five-six days at a time. Are there any hotels or private lots that offer deals? Aren't those lots at Cumberland and River Rd CTA lots which don't allow overnight parking?
Thanks again.

try the hotels around the area. a lot of times they will let you park there for $5/night and offer the shuttle to and from ORD.

You can park at the Double Tree Club North off Mannheim Rd. and Touhy Av. From I-294, get off on I-190 to ORD. When you get to the Mannheim Rd. North exit, take the ramp onto Mannheim. Go north around the lots (I think past 3 lights?) and past Allstate Arena. It will be past the strip mall on your left. I don't know if the parking price is carrier specific, but for me it was $48 tax included. Busses run every 30 minutes on the 00 and 30.

Hope this helps! Also check to see if your airline has parking at ORD, you might be able to get an employee parking pass.

TWA Dude said:
I live in MKE but it's often convenient to commute via ORD. Any ideas about good deals for parking that's cheap (airline discount) and convenient? Thanks in advance.

Cheap & convenient are not words I associate w/ ORD parking. I used to be UAL. You can get employee parking at ORD if your employer has some real-estate (offices, gates, etc.) under their control at ORD. If not, you're SOL.

Most hotels in the area have strict controls on even driving onto their property, nevermind parking. I can be gone 2 weeks or longer. I looked around and quickly determined most hotels will be close in price to long term parking - $13/day (if they're interested in dealing with you at all). Most hotels can command a monthly rate, not a "per-use" fee. The Sheraton 4-points has most of the local UAL council meetings in their facility. They don't have controls on their parking and seem tolerant of pilots parking there. I'll bet you could get by parking there for free for a few days (maybe put an AA or UAL sticker on your car?). A week may be pushing it. I've never tried it, but flew with a guy who had done it now and then. You may even want to approach them about a parking deal. I haven't tried Signature there, but who knows. They may have some extra parking opportunities they're willing to wheel and deal on. You'd still need to get a ride to the terminal once you were there, however. Let us know if you find something good - a driving option would be nice every once in a while.

I take the metrarail from Crystal Lake into Jefferson Park and then transfer to the blue line CTA into ORD. 1:15 from boarding train to standing in ORD. Take a look at www.metrarail.com and see if their northern routes might help you. If so, check www.transitchicago.com for the blue line route and see if the metrarail can get you close. From what I could tell, you might have to go into the city on the train before you can get to a blue line station. Overall, the mass transit thing works pretty well. No traffic and weather's not an issue. Sundays can be a little bit of a hassle due to reduced schedule. Hope that helps.

Get a Metra pass for Northwest Station (Behind the Jefferson park L). It is about $30/month (last I checked) and from there it is only a 15 minute train ride to ORD. This is also only a couple of block off 94 so it will be easy to get to from MKE.

Latest resources

Back