help on recommendations for UPT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Slim

A former F/O is looking into pilot training with the ANG and the ARNG. He's asked me for a recommendation.

He's prior service and is a Part 121 captain. He's over 30, but I don't know how far over he is. He is also a divorced (non-custodial) father of two. He also told me the ARNG is no longer granting age waivers for pilot training.

There was information here about sources for those looking into military flying. I'm retired from the ARNG and know some things have changed since I retired.

I'd appreciate any help I could get to help him.

Fly safe!

Slim

A former F/O is looking into pilot training with the ANG and the ARNG. He's asked me for a recommendation.

He's prior service and is a Part 121 captain. He's over 30, but I don't know how far over he is. He is also a divorced (non-custodial) father of two. He also told me the ARNG is no longer granting age waivers for pilot training.

There was information here about sources for those looking into military flying. I'm retired from the ARNG and know some things have changed since I retired.

I'd appreciate any help I could get to help him.

Fly safe!

Slim

I think if you are over 30 you are done. Go to www.baseops.net and ask around. Lots of threads on this topic.

Thanks. That's one of the links I was looking for. I was afraid I was going to get that answer on age.

I was told by some higher ups, that an ANG unit can actually get a waiver for the 30 yrs age requirement to send you to UPT. The problem I ran into when I looked into it was finding a unit that was willing to take an outsider over 30 and give them one of their 1 or 2 slots for the year rather than someone already in the unit.

You need to visit the ANG units

We just finished hiring for the year. The word put out by the NGB was that they would not entertain age waivers for UPT candidates over age 30. Sorry

I believe you have to be in UPT by 30 and a half or it's a done deal. Sadly we're moving into a surplus of pilots right now so I doubt that would change - on the flip side you could always call someone at the NGB...that's usually the bottom line for that stuff.

Latest resources

Back