Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowery21

Wings of Peace

Is this PFT? I posted this under general too, and can't get an answer. Pardon my ignorance.

Sounds like a scam to me...

I couldn't find anything to that effect,but I read it pretty fast! Looks a little shady......... I say shoot them an e-mail and find out!

Let us know how it turns out!

Good luck!;)

I thought there was a thread on here about this place a couple months ago, but I can't find it, so it must have been another board. At any rate, the consensus was that it was a scam.

I am from Brazil, but Iam a dual citizen and currently I am living in US.
I had never heard of this guys till you brought it up.
It looks very accurate on the website.
Pantanal = big swamp in english. It's an area of a huge swamp in Brazil bigger than the states of Louisisana and Mississippi combined.
To fly there is not as easy as it's here in US.
In Brazil in that area you not gonna have 2 ways com neither accurate wx info.
Storms there are very quick and very destructive (water spouts) the difference between a tornado and a water spout is the water in a water spout tons of water come together with strongs and rotationary winds.
No alternates. forget about Caravans envelop in Brazil you always gotta take off on full tanks on Pantanal region. That with full cargo or pax will give you about 2000 lbs or 1 ton overweight. That's how we operate the caravans there.
Remember caravans are always in emergency because you have only 1 engine so if overweight or not doesn't matter as the only difference will be if you gonna crash here or couple miles ahead.
Gotta wash your combustion chamber very often or ask maintenance to do so. Several caravans crashed because of the smoke season or dry season when the dust are pretty high and can accumulate on your hot section and stall the engine and if this happend and you use the extra throttle or emergency throttle (on the caravans to bypass the fcu) that will kill you as you gonna burn the engine. The symptoms are similar to those you'll training on sims for lost of fcu but it's different thing going on so thrust me the right procedure will be nose down open get some air reduce power and than with stabilized temp itt/tit and torque you'll start to accelerate again. be prepared to loose about 2k to 4k feet on this procedure but will save you there. Bring an extra gps with you gps original on the caravan trimble's go out in Brazil sometimes and can save you (buy a garmin 95 or equivalent and use on your yoke).
Another thing about pantanal is aligators all over the place so buy a big knife once there and always bring it with you in case some emergency comes. They have good shots there better than US and are free on the entry airport (take it) yellow fever and west nile virus can kill you within no time. No needles the shots are pistols with pressure no needles used. Tetanus and typhoid are also avail for free and valid for 10 years (take it).
Mosquitos all over eat garlic on your food or eat local food (plenty of garlic in all Brazilian cousine) and will avoid them. Don't take shower early in the morning neither on dusk hours (that's when mosquito bites) take it at night before going sleep.
I can remember something else but basically the only difference between Pantanal and the Amazon are the trees Pantanal are smaller trees and a lot of huge praires so less danger for emergency landings but the nature is the same very wild and you won't survive more than 72 hours w/o rescue unless very well prepared.
Pm if you really going and want some more info.
Pantanal is also pretty with very I said very easy girls. (you will sleep alone if you want to). The girls are ok the best Brazilian girls are a little far from there but you will have some days off.
Good luck.

I was talking to one of the europeans (so far I have only met europeans that have gotten suckerd into this PFT deal) a couple of weeks ago about how this deal works. He said the guy is a brazilian who claims to be operating a caravan operation not only in Brazil but other countrys as well. He talked this time builder into going to brazil and getting training in a 170 that he uses in Brazil, then sends you to another country to build caravan time. You quickly find out that it is space available time building only and you are paying the brazilian sevaral times more per hour than the operator is charging the brazilian. Then you find out once you have your magical 500 caravan that the brazilian does not actually have any operation to speak of except that he owns a 170 in Brazil. As I understand it the caravan operator has stopped doing any buisness with the Brazilian as he was using the CP name of the caravan operator as his CP of his bogus operation. I also noticed he was claiming afilliation with Wings of Hope and used a picture of one of there planes on his web site but Wings of Hope do not even know anything about this guy. If you do a google on Wings of Peace you will find a real operation using a 206 in South America that has just started up operation again after a crash awhile ago, this is the real Wings of Peace. You can find out some more on this scam on the pilot rumor board.

Remember caravans are always in emergency because you have only 1 engine so if overweight or not doesn't matter as the only difference will be if you gonna crash here or couple miles ahead.

Well, if ya fly over weight yer stall speed and approach seppd will be quite a bit higher and that could make the difference between living or dying.

I flew single engine in bush-Alaska, but quit flying over-weight as the risk far exceeded the reward..In fact there was no reward or extra pay for flying over-weight...Life is too short, don't make it even shorter.

Latest resources

Back