Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HELP !!!! I need B-747-400F training material !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800rvr

Hello from Florida !!!!!

I start class in 4 weeks at a 747-400F operator and I need some training material.

My new employer is rather stingy about sending any information so I can study ahead of class; so therefore my request.

Can anyone recommend a -400F flight crew operating manual ??

How about a DVD on -400F systems and a Honeywell FMS manual/DVD ??
I have experience on Smiths Industries FMS, but none on Honeywell.

Any Atlas, Polar, UPS or World pilots on this board ?? Can I beg, borrow or have a copy mailed to me and go to Office Depot and copy ??

I have checked SmartCockpit, but they are short on -400F training stuff.

Appreciate any and all assistance. Please reply !!!

1800RVR

What GG747 said! But breathing and not freaking out would be more beneficial. GL :beer:

I would enjoy your time before class if you're off.....I see you've flown Boeing before....Boeing is a Boeing is a Boeing.. The systems aren't that much diff than the 747 you've already flown just a bit more automation.

Said it before and will say it again. Wait until you get to class to study this stuff. Every company does things a little different and has different variations of the airplane. If you start learning from a generic manual, you will learn things that will be different from your company and have to try to forget and relearn. Relax...enjoy the time off and be ready to dive in when you get to class.

Said it before and will say it again. Wait until you get to class to study this stuff. Every company does things a little different and has different variations of the airplane. If you start learning from a generic manual, you will learn things that will be different from your company and have to try to forget and relearn. Relax...enjoy the time off and be ready to dive in when you get to class.

Major +1 to what skypine said!
Spitfire is pretty much right on too. The -400 systems are very similar to the classic. Not all exact, but close. Managing the automation is where people can trip up. Not much that book learnin' can help with there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back