• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Helo pilot flying Tommy Lee charged with reckless operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other officers went and told Martz that he had illegally landed on a public roadway, but Martz, Lee and two other passengers got into the aircraft and flew south, the city attorney's office said. Two hours later, the party returned and landed again despite being warned by authorities not to do so, officials said.

Stupid is as stupid does.......

NW_Pilot said:
I am sure the pilot took ever precaution not to endanger any human or property.
Sorry, but evidently that state or county has laws or ordinances prohibiting pilots from making that risk assessment decision for everybody else.

That is messed up. Obviously this pilot has other careers in life than aviation. Probably one of T. Lee's rich buddies that just got his helo license or something. It doesn't make any sense. Especially that he returned and did the same thing again. Who is this Martz guy. Isn't it possible to look up what ratings he holds and how long he's had them?

"Isn't it possible to look up what ratings he holds and how long he's had them?"

yes you can on the faa website but "how long" he/she has held them is misleading. For example, I got my ATP in June 1999 however it says my ATP listed as 2002, thats when it was updated when I upgraded and got the Dash8 type rating. Also the same with my CFI, I got my CFI in 1997 but it has it listed as 2005, the last time I renewed.

actually just looked at mine and it shows my atp as 2005 because thats when they updated it with the useless 170/190 sic type.

that guy martz is listed also as a fixed wing pvt and comm helo.

Latest resources

Back