• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Helo buzzing around YIP.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else live near Haggerty/Belleville Rd and North Service Rd notice that helo thats been circling around the last hour?

I wonder if the WX is so bad he can't make it in.

EDIT: Hmm just thought about that, he could easily land other places, maybe he's searchin for BADIES!

There are no such things as stupid questions... just stupid people asking questions. /just kidding of course

Here is your answer.
Black helicopters are part of a conspiracy theory, prevalent among the American militia, that claims that special silent running "black" helicopters are used by secret agents of the New World Order, United Nations troops preparing to invade the United States of America, and/or the Men in Black. Thinking they were under surveillance by "black helicopters", the Militia of Montana once tried to shoot down a National Guard helicopter on a training mission which flew over a ranch owned by fugitive militia leader Calvin Greenup. Parapsychologist John Keel has argued that this theory has origins similar to those of UFOs, ghosts and fairies, i.e. that they are part of modern mythology; in this case, representing a fear of the government and its technology.

Just a thought, but maybe the TV or Radio news could get you informed more quickly.:)

Fatal traffic accident on 94 @ Haggerty.

And now I feel like a real piece of dirt. I use to chase accidents for a TV station in a 172 with a gyro stabilized camera hanging out the side. I always felt kinda scummy doing it, but if I didn't fly the plane some other pilot would. And it would have been their flight time and paycheck, not mine.

And now I feel like a real piece of dirt. I use to chase accidents for a TV station in a 172 with a gyro stabilized camera hanging out the side. I always felt kinda scummy doing it, but if I didn't fly the plane some other pilot would. And it would have been their flight time and paycheck, not mine.

Scummy are the lawyers running to the accident, a service are the ones reporting it. I always watch for traffic reports for construction and accidents. Without them, I and many others like me would be stuck for hours in traffic. Its guys/gals that do what you did that lets us know what happened, how long it should take to clean up and when its all clear. THANKS! Cincinnati has a nice little system called ARTIMIS (Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management & Information System) that helps.

http://www.artimis.org/

p.s.> ARTIMIS is VERY helpful when snow/ice hits the area too. What systems do other cities have? (besides the billboard displays. I think all cities have them now.)

Last edited:
Scummy are the lawyers running to the accident, a service are the ones reporting it. I always watch for traffic reports for construction and accidents. Without them, I and many others like me would be stuck for hours in traffic. Its guys/gals that do what you did that lets us know what happened, how long it should take to clean up and when its all clear. THANKS! Cincinnati has a nice little system called ARTIMIS (Advanced Regional Traffic Interactive Management & Information System) that helps.

http://www.artimis.org/

p.s.> ARTIMIS is VERY helpful when snow/ice hits the area too. What systems do other cities have? (besides the billboard displays. I think all cities have them now.)

Good point. I can quit reading self help books now. You have solved all my problems. :laugh: I never really looked at it that way. I always kinda looked at it as selling advertisement at someone else's expense. I never thought about all the people we helped.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back