• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Helicopters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exec90 seems to be a popular one. I think it runs on an 0-320, so it probably isn't much more to operate than a regular airplane, but then again, I know squat about helos.

One day when I have the money and my turbine RV-8 is complete............ :cool:

The Rotorway 162F kit is the most popular kit out there. I've looked at this thing pretty closely and dreamed about building one sometime in the future. They look great, and fly pretty well acording to what I have read.

They use a liquid cooled 4 cylinder engine, not an O-360 (I don't know about the exec 90).

Their quoted price for the kit is around 60K. Most builders report spending an extra 20K

There are two serious problems with this kit that make me want to wait untill they are addressed. The chain driven gears which leak oil, and a history of driveshaft breakages leading to several crashes.

Two companies make belt drives that cut 70 lbs and do away with the oil bath.

One company that I know of has come out with a driveshaft that is suposed to not fail, but not many have made the switch for long enough for me to trust it.

Here is a builder site, and there are several more out there.

http://www.rotorwayfun.com/

I believe Rotorway builds their own powerplant. I've been to their production facility, and was quite impressed with the work, and the product.

BJ Schramm, who designed both the scorpion, and the exec, has designed a new airframe (he's no long with Rotorway), called the Helicycle. I've been to his production facilty to speak with him about the Helicycle, and was quite impressed with that, too. His kit version uses an APU powerplant for a turbine aircraft, and sits about thirty thousand.

He also produces the replacement parts himself for the powerplant, to cut overhaul costs. Worth having a look. It's a single place helicopter.

pepper said:
www.copter.com.ua

it will be here in the states hopefully withen the year and then soon after that, certified..
all at the cost of an exp. heli..

Kinda cool. I like the looks and it seems to be very agile.
The video "police_show", the guy flies a helo like I do...only he is doing it on purpose! :)

Kinda cool. I like the looks and it seems to be very agile.
The video "police_show", the guy flies a helo like I do...only he is doing it on purpose!

LOL!!! you should see it fly up side down.. ------------ not.. i am thinking of putting a diesel engine in it.. 180hp..

Latest resources

Back