Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ollie

COVERED IN ROUNDUP
Has anybody ever seen a helicopter specific, paper logbook? If so, who makes it and where can I pick one up? I keep separate logbooks for helicopter and airplane time and I'd really like to have one with columns for NVG, sling loads, etc.

If you can't find one that is helo specific the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook has three blank columns that you can make what you want as well as the remarks and endorsements column at the end.

scarface said:
If you can't find one that is helo specific the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook has three blank columns that you can make what you want as well as the remarks and endorsements column at the end.

It also has a "Rotorcraft Helicopter" column. That's the one I use for helo time.

The Hangar down at Ft. Rucker has a log book that is Military Helio specific. I think their web site is either thehangar.com or hangar.com
Best of luck.

I don't understand why people would want a separate logbook for their helicopter time?! Ok....if you're very low total time, I can understand.....but when you get to the point that I am at, where you have 4 logbooks already....why would you want another?! Don't bother with separate logbooks, you may regret it in the future! I log both fixed and rotary wing time in the same logbook, and I don't have any problems.

FracCapt, it becomes a big hassle when you're applying for rotor jobs and need to separate your helicopter time, or need to fill out an 8710 for a new rating/cert, or want to keep track of turbine vs. piston heli time... it is just a real pain in the rear end. I wish I hadn't kept them together in my logbooks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back