Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydiverdriver2

Hi,
I'm an experienced fixed wing pilot who is considering adding on a helicopter commercial. Could someone tell me what the minimum hours are to add it on? I looked in the FAR's, and it specifies some as PIC time. Does that mean that I need to get my helicopter private first in order to log PIC time? And, do most helicopter pilots keep a separate logbook for fixed and rotory wing time?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks much. I have wanted to fly helicopters since I was a kid, and now I can afford it. I'm sure I'll never get a job flying one, but who knows.

Thanks again.

Hi,
I'm an experienced fixed wing pilot who is considering adding on a helicopter commercial. Could someone tell me what the minimum hours are to add it on? I looked in the FAR's, and it specifies some as PIC time. Does that mean that I need to get my helicopter private first in order to log PIC time? And, do most helicopter pilots keep a separate logbook for fixed and rotory wing time?

Thanks for your help.

I added my commercial in College. These days, if you are the sole manipulator and occupant of the aircraft you can log pic. That said you don't need to add private first, and I had to do about 35 hours of solo (PIC) time to get the rating, on top of all the other stuff...

Latest resources

Back