Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Height requirements on Medical now? Wwhat?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like someone with too much time on their hands that is not constructive. Get a life.
Good friend of mind is a retired United Airlines B-747 Captain, He's 5'4". I am surprised they have not come up with pilot error is caused by my dog licking my knee caps.
Lighten up, Francis, it was a joke... Jeez... :rolleyes:

It *does* remind me of a F/O we had many years ago at Flexjet, her name was Kristen, she was about 4' 8", maybe 90 pounds sopping wet, and had a HECK of a time pushing the pedals on a LEARJET all the way to the floor... She'd bring a seat cushion insert for both her back and butt, so she'd be tall enough to see over the dash, AND have enough leg throw to push the rudder pedals all the way to the floor (rudder boost required mashing the heck out of the pedal).

Always funny seeing her walk through the airport with her cushions strapped to her bag. :) Nice gal, I think she flies for Southwest now.

Sounds like someone with too much time on their hands that is not constructive. Get a life.
Good friend of mind is a retired United Airlines B-747 Captain, He's 5'4". I am surprised they have not come up with pilot error is caused by my dog licking my knee caps.

Well at least he's not licking your balls, that could cause some serious problems as evidenced by the above stated study of "height challenged pilots".

Although this a joke, I wonder what the stats do say on landing accidents. I have flown with more than one less-than-tall person who set their seat so low they couldn't see over the glare shield. Did they not want to set the seat high enough to see because they were afraid they'd look like a child sitting in high chair? I don't know, but I wouldn't want to watch them try to fly a low-vis approach.

Lighten up, Francis, it was a joke... Jeez... :rolleyes:

It *does* remind me of a F/O we had many years ago at Flexjet, her name was Kristen, she was about 4' 8", maybe 90 pounds sopping wet, and had a HECK of a time pushing the pedals on a LEARJET all the way to the floor... She'd bring a seat cushion insert for both her back and butt, so she'd be tall enough to see over the dash, AND have enough leg throw to push the rudder pedals all the way to the floor (rudder boost required mashing the heck out of the pedal).

Always funny seeing her walk through the airport with her cushions strapped to her bag. :) Nice gal, I think she flies for Southwest now.

The other definition of "prop spinner"

Although this a joke, I wonder what the stats do say on landing accidents. I have flown with more than one less-than-tall person who set their seat so low they couldn't see over the glare shield. Did they not want to set the seat high enough to see because they were afraid they'd look like a child sitting in high chair? I don't know, but I wouldn't want to watch them try to fly a low-vis approach.

I flew with a short guy on a falcon 20. On every take off, he rode the brakes. With the seat full forward, and legs stretched out, his legs would only touch the top of the peddles for steering.

What are the takeoff numbers for riding brakes on takeoff?

Latest resources

Back