• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heathrow hijackers planned to hide bombs in cameras

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After 9/11, I think most passengers would storm the guy. There have been some fatalities amongst people who acted up on airplanes. The problem is that if there is a group of them, people may stop, but I think most would storm the b#stards:smash:

Oh, and maybe the brits won't crucify Tony next time he says we have to increase security. Good show, good guy:beer:

One official said: “Once on the plane the hijackers would convert the camera attachments into a stun gun so they could gain access to the cockpit, then the main body of the camera was a bomb with apparently enough explosive to rupture the cabin of the aircraft if the hijackers wanted to blow up the plane in mid-air rather than steer it into their targets.”

If they think they're getting access to the cockpit by assembling a stun gun, they've got another thing coming.

Iceman07 said:
See, that's the thing, the era of a "survivable" hijacking is over.

Yeah, the idea of a short vacation in Cuba is long since past.

I remember when that was the more common destination. Also, I remember when BD Cooper got away. Guess I'm old.

sky37d said:
After 9/11, I think most passengers would storm the guy. There have been some fatalities amongst people who acted up on airplanes. The problem is that if there is a group of them, people may stop, but I think most would storm the b#stards:smash:
Yea, that would make sense if some dumbass was sitting there with bic lighter in one hand and heel with a fuse sticking out of it in the other. But you have to consider that once a bomb maker designs a bomb with electronic ciruitry, he can wire any number of triggering devices...including a dead man switch, a mecury switch, alitimetry switches, timers, etc, etc.

Pushing somone's hand off of a bomb when you know nothing about its construction, is negligently foolhardy to say the least.

taloft said:
If they think they're getting access to the cockpit by assembling a stun gun, they've got another thing coming.
Do they still have seat back cell phones on airliners these days?

Use your imagination, it's the oldest trick in the book for bank robbers...a sort of home operated business, you might say.

FN FAL said:
Do they still have seat back cell phones on airliners these days?

Use your imagination, it's the oldest trick in the book for bank robbers...a sort of home operated business, you might say.

I guess I don't have much of an imagination. I have no idea what you are talking about.

FN FAL said:
Pushing somone's hand off of a bomb when you know nothing about its construction, is negligently foolhardy to say the least.

So, a MUCH better idea is to just sit there while these guys take over the airplane and crash it into some "target".

I still stand by my statement that I am willing to call the guys hand.

Iceman07 said:
So, a MUCH better idea is to just sit there while these guys take over the airplane and crash it into some "target".

I still stand by my statement that I am willing to call the guys hand.

Count me in too.

Latest resources

Back