Heard Back from ACA today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Buckatuna

Got a call from ACA today that said I'll be flying the CRJ- great news for me, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Here's a dumb one: on the ride up to the interview on a CRJ I was actually looking at the emergency exit pamplet and its title was for a 'CL-65'? I thought it was a CRJ-200. What am I missing here?

2. Where can I get some stuff to look at about the CRJ-??, so I don't look like a total idiot when I show up for class. I asked Dean Hess this today, and he said they don't give out any material prior to class. I'd rather not hear "Just show up and you'll be fine", I'm a military dude and I'm not that bright, so I need all the help I can get.

3. Any opinions on which CRJ domicile is better?

4. CRJ time to upgrade?

5. I'm open for any suggestions/questions/or comments.

Thanks to all, this board has been a huge help.

Bucka

:D

HIRED!

I love that word.

Got the call today. Dean gave me a class on Aug. 5th for the CRJ.

Oh happy day. I really needed that.

Thank you ACA!!! Can't wait to join you!

HIRED!

I love that word.

Got the call today. Dean gave me a class on Aug. 5th for the CRJ.

Oh happy day. I really needed that.

Thank you ACA!!! Can't wait to join you!

Hi!

I don't know where to get it, but I'm sure there's a systems CD for the CRJ available on the internet. I would go to the Bombardier site, and go to aptap.org and post that you're looking for info. I have seen flash cards available with ERJ info on them, so I assume the same is available for the CRJ. You may also be able to get a CRJ to fly on Microsoft FlightSim, or something similar.

I hope you love ACA!

Cliff
ex-AF
GRB

PS-I just checked my logbook recently. We hung that funny parachute on our boom and refuled F-14s and F-18s during the Gulf War a couple of times! I hope you guys like the gas!

Class Date

My class date is 14 Oct. Definately looking forward to it. Was the thread on how hard ground school ever resolved??

Atpcliff: thanks for the info, and 'yes' gas is good, it's like pizza, beer, money, and &%$#&- the more the better.

Thanks for the replies,

Bucka

Bucktana,

You can find some study cards on the APTAP site:

www.aptap.org

in the tech section. Be aware however that those cards are for ASA and the ACA limits may be different. The Comair limits (that I'm learning now) differ in places and what they require as memory items is definitely different. Remembering that old rule of primacy, it's harder to unlearn bad info than to learn good info on short notice.

The bold face EP items seem universal however, as I believe the airlines just go with whatever Bombardier puts out.

I know that you are rarin' to go on systems and limitations, but first I would focus on making sure that your personal life is locked down so tight that you can forget about it for the duration of training. That will get you through training as well as anything else.

And BTW, congrats...

Congrats Bill

Glad to hear it.

Still waiting for a class date with Comair. But it's coming.

Have a great time in class

dude, relax, celebrate the fact you got called, go blow off steam, get trashed, use 3 days prior to class for recovery, then come to class clear headed and ready to learn. ACA will provide everything you need to navigate the CRJ training dept successfully. It may not be in the form of an instructor telling you everything you need ot know, but the materials and time will be there to get through training. Have Fun! Welcome Aboard!

Latest resources

Back