Healthy Pilots Survey - For My Graduate Course

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboydh1

Dear Fellow Pilots: would you please complete my survey for a graduate class I'm taking. The survey is very simple and deals with our profession and health. Also, please share my link on your FB pages. I'd like as many professional pilots to complete it as possible (not just airline pilots). I'm trying to get 500 responses within a week. Thanks for your help and let me know if you have any questions.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ki6mxYQSQ2dOsCh4frq--_ZskxYuo88Zbah_tIvwwug/viewform

Last edited:
The survey needs some work and I am a bit skeptical.
Mainline?
How long have you been a pilot, input a number. Days, hours, months, years, What do you want? That to me would seem very important if I was trying to get acurate data.
Also if a Doc tells you you have some of the medical issues you mention your probably not on here because your not going to be a pilot anymore.
Hmmmmmm!

The survey needs some work and I am a bit skeptical.
Mainline?
How long have you been a pilot, input a number. Days, hours, months, years, What do you want? That to me would seem very important if I was trying to get acurate data.
Also if a Doc tells you you have some of the medical issues you mention your probably not on here because your not going to be a pilot anymore.
Hmmmmmm!

Thanks for the input. All points well taken.

I filled it out. Good luck to you, but you might want to reconsider the "sleeping in the cockpit" questions. . . . I would first want to know how many pilots have EVER/NEVER fallen asleep, asking if it happened in the past month just assumes that everyone has. Also, there is a difference between "falling asleep" and controlled rest. . . . which you don't seem to break out.

Regards,
Ty

Done, and it's your graduate work, set it up as you see best. Don't second guess yourself because of a few comments here.

ditto on the sleeping planned versus unplanned,

Thanks again everyone for completing my survey. I realize it's not perfect, however this is ok because it will help me with the discussion about survey weaknesses. Overall, some questions will help with our analysis more than others. And just to give you some background, I am a 9 year captain for a regional carrier. My class partner does not work in the aviation field, and is a full time graduate student. Again I appreciate everyone's willingness to help me with this.

I stopped at the question, how many times has "my partner" felt tired? I have no idea was not an option so my answer would be just a guess at best.

Latest resources

Back