Health Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Anyone have any gouge on good $ource$ of health insurance for a family of four. I currently live in Texas, if you have some infor for this state but any info will do from those of you who are having to pay out of pocket. I am active duty military separating summer of 04. Thanks in advance

check out Unicare, they have decent rates and they are one of the few that do not rate you up because of your occupation. I applied mid Dec and just got word today that my app was approved. Good luck

In a past life, when I was a self-employed entrepreneur, I used to buy "catastrophic" insurance for my family.

It is cheap, but usually only good for six months at a whack. If something happens that is major, it pays for it. Otherwise, you pay for your doctors visits, prescriptions, etc.

I'd rather pay $200./month plus a few doctors visits per quarter than $700-800/month with them reimbursing me for $200. worth of doctor's visits or medicine after my decductible was met.

Good luck.

Bozt45,

I sent you a message. Check out Tricare.

There have been a lot of significant changes in the Tricare program since 9/11 and all the reservists that have been activated. Here is the link: http://www.tricare.osd.mil/TRHCP.cfm

Phrog Driver

Latest resources

Back