• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A, B, C, D.

So Albie, A through D is working right? CU soon, Gumby

PS, get better, get flying.

Albie,

I'm one of those anonymous flightinfo folks and I wanted to tell you thanks for the post. You are good to point out that our priorities may be mixed up until something happens in our life that makes us re-assess. We all need to be more thankful.

I'm glad to hear you are on the way to a full recovery.

Take care - both you and your family.

Fly

I'm new to this forum but I love it. I enjoy hearing from pilots in the industry who have a passion for what they do. This story is especially touching because I believe what we have is the coolest job in the world. But it's just that, a job. It ain't the coolest thing in the world. It sometimes takes a big lump in life to figure out that God and family is what will be there when you're eighty. I appreciate your faith and the fact that you relay what matters in life. Sometimes people need a reminder.

I hope your recovery goes well and enjoy all the pampering while your laid up.

God bless!

Albie,
Thanks for posting your "sitch" for others to read and heed. Thanks for all the tremendous positive input you have provided all of us.
I have had experience with the back sh!t - ruptured L5 S1 which left me bed-ridden and in excruciating pain for 3 + months - I got off on a few steroid epidurals, no surgery, and have made it 5 years w/ no trouble (knock on wood).
I absolutely agree with your priorities - your significant other will be your savior, your kids don't care if you'll ever fly again, they just want their daddy back. God bless them, never forget their appreciation and support.
The company will do you right, hopefully. I've had a ton of issues with the Navy concerning waivers, etc., but it seems Purple should be a lot simpler.
Keep the faith, keep posting, thanks again. Get well soon...

Great to hear you're on the mend!!!

Aaron,

Looking forward to getting you back on the line! As usual, I'll be up for some schedule swaps!!!!

Kiss your wife, hug your kids and enjoy your time at home.

P.S. Completed my checkride last week - headed off to IOE on Thursday. Wish me luck!!

Albie,

Thanks for the story and gut check. I'm glad all is well and I look forward to one day meeting up again for a cold one. Let me know if you ever get a NYC layover. My buddy Nick just finished up in your squadron and is up at Elmendorf now. I'm quite jealous. :D Good luck with your recovery and I hope you get to pull some more G's soon!

-Neal

DP,

You know you will rock. Flying the jet (verses working the panel) turns the job into something really neat--fun! Your Q of life will go up for a lot of reasons. You may trade less than you realize, as working will be a lot more enjoyable--especially post IOE and consolidation.

As for swapping and trading--standard! Everyone's got an angle at our company, but our taste in trips and schedules lines up better than about anyone I know. I'm sure we'll be zinging the emails and keeping the schedulers busy...

I appreciate everyone' kind words, but the purpose of the post was just to remind everyone out there to know what is important and to take care of business. I hope none of you have to face this kind of trouble, but if you do I hope your team is as supportive as the team that I have.

Albie

Hey Albie,

When are you FDX guys getting the jumpseat back? J/K Didn't want you to miss out on getting asked that question all day long. Hope to see you flying soon, so I can ask that one more time. Good luck and quick healing.

Latest resources

Back