• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
Which is the best ~$300 headset?

I'm going to buy a new headset with gel ear seals, since they're really nice ;)

Which would would you guys recommend?

I'm currently leaning towards the david clark H10-13.4. But i also tried the H10-60 and thought they were really good.

Any advice? Looking for something comfortable that seals off sun glasses and doesn't create pressure points on the sunglasses.

Thx

10-60 is much heavier...over 20 ounces if I remember correctly. The only reason anyone buys them is because they can be converted easily for use in helicopters. I use the 13.4's at work and they do a decent job. A lot of guys have the fancy little "jet headsets" but I'm too broke to buy those. I wore the 13.4 for nearly 5 hours a few days ago during a delay in Newark followed by a 3 hour flight. I don't recall the 13.4's really irritating me at all during the trip.

The reality is that even an old, cheap pair can be made into an outstanding pair with the addition of gel ear seals and the upgrade head pad (if it doesn't already have it). Weight can be an issue on some models, of course, but you can do alot to "restore" an old set to better-than-new in many cases.

I did this to a pair of DC"s a friend gave me when he "upgraded" headsets a few years ago. HA! For about $50-60, they became extremely comfortable and were my new favorite pair. I did wear earplugs underneath too, because the Metroliner is just that loud, but as a freight dog I just couldn't justify dropping $1000 or so on a pair of ANC headsets.

I really like the 13.4's and have worn them for several years. The light weight and DC quality closed the deal for me.

Latest resources

Back