• telex 500

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • bose X

Votes: 53 21.6%
  • DC or similar ANR's

Votes: 17 6.9%

• Total voters

RocketRob

What headset do you wear for use in the noisy RJ? I'm interested in the Sennheiser HMEC-25, anyone have a pair of these?

Never flown anything larger than the T-28, but I have used the Sennheiser HMEC-300's, they are great, have the preformance of Bose, and they actually have some passive protection to go with it. The price isn't as bad as most (you can find them for around $600), and are fairly comfortable. Heck you can go inverted and they won't fall off.

I have the Sennheiser 25KA and use it in the 328Jet. Works really well. I've used it in the CRJ jumpseat a couple times and it really makes the cockpit quiet. www.marvgolden.com had the best price that I could find, but that was a little more than a year ago.

j41driver,

I was wondering did you wear those Sennheiser 25-KA in the j41? And if you did were they good in that noisy cockpit i wear a david clark's H20-10 and its gettin loud also r the one's you have now as comfartable as the david clarks on a 8 leg day thanks in advance

VRB115

Has anyone tried the custom molds for the telex or planetronics headsets? Does it cut down on the noise, assuming that you have the other ear plugged (ideally w/ another custom plug)? Would it work in a GA aircraft too?

Dave

The earmolds work pretty good but they don't block out much noise. I presonally wouldn't even consider them for GA. I'm using one on the ERJ and getting tired of it. Thats why I'm looking into the Sennheiser 25.

earmolds

actually, I've found the earmold/telex combo to be the very best method. It all depends on how you do it. like the guy in the previous post said...earmolds alone don't block out much noise. What I've always done was get a pair of those little yellow foamy ear plugs and surgically cut out the middle of one of them (like a doughnut). Then, slip it over your molded earpiece so when it fits in your ear, it makes a tight seal. That way, you don't get any outside noise and you can actually turn the volume level down a little bit even. Then place the other foamy regularly in your other ear. I do this thechnique and change it out every week or so and it works great. I've even used them for G.A.

Sennheiser are the best. I've used dc and telexs and the Sennheiser are outstanding. If your an ALPA member you can by them direct from sennheiser, off the ALPA web site.

701EV

Sennheiser HMEC-25KAS Headsets

Excellent choice!. I've had mine for almost a year and would never go back to my old head vise. They are very lightweight, attenuation is excellent, and they are very comfortable. Can't say as to whether they will work in the RJ, but I'm in a turboprop and they work very well for me.

beechbum said:
Excellent choice!. I've had mine for almost a year and would never go back to my old head vise. They are very lightweight, attenuation is excellent, and they are very comfortable. Can't say as to whether they will work in the RJ, but I'm in a turboprop and they work very well for me.

I use this headset in the 145. Works great and is very comfortable even after a four hour leg. I did the ALPA purchase deal, 12 months no interest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back